DIY DIY Micro Carbon Filter

Thats awesome dude! and especially helpful to some, as you can't buy stealth carbon filters i believe the smallest is 4"?
:slap:

Thanks indical!
Yes your right 4" is the smallest commercially available size.

I haven't come across Fiberglass mesh for baking buy if it is sturdy sound like it would be ok.
If the holes are smaller there would need to be a lot of them so to allow proper air flow.
Having a sturdy material to build it with is important as you need to make sure the body doesn't flex or deform, as it will be packed with carbon granules.
Any flexing/deformation may mean the carbon doesn't stay correctly packed which could mean improper air scrubbing.
Preforated metal sheet can be easily found on ebay.
For everyday grows in 3' x 3' spaces etc, I just buy off the shelf, for more specialized spaces where buying off the shelf isn't an option, this is when I would build a filter.

Looks like this:

HTB1_vkzFVXXXXcGaXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

Feels like metal... in that image they call it pizza mesh. On second thought maybe the holes are on the large side. Scratch that.

Attachments

• Nonstick-Oven-Cooking-Grill-Mesh-Sheet-Picnic-Bake-Tray-Pizza-font-b-Fiberglass-b-font-Durable.jpg
    Nonstick-Oven-Cooking-Grill-Mesh-Sheet-Picnic-Bake-Tray-Pizza-font-b-Fiberglass-b-font-Durable.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 167
Back