Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0 19% Calcium
Epsom Salt
Armor Si (silica)
Koolbloom Liquid 0-10-10
Koolbloom Dry (ripener) 2-45-28
Hydroguard

DWC technique
LED lighting

12-12-6 grams per 5 gallons of water for the first three. You add the calcium nitrate first, then the MHP fertilizer, and lastly the Epsom salt. Each are added separately to prevent chemical lockout. It is a complete formula when mixed. The secondaries are provided by the Epsom salt, C&N from the calcium nitrogen, and the MHP has the micronutes and everything else. I add a teaspoon of Armor Si for every 5 gallons of water. The bloom boosters will be used to the lightest recommendation. DWC is very efficient with nutrients. Liquid Koolbloom from the start of bloom, to the end of ripening. Then the Dry Koolbloom in addition for the last 2-3 weeks of bloom.

Last edited:
This is the critical +
WP_20160221_12_05_35_Pro[1].jpg

This is the blue amnesia XXL.
WP_20160221_12_05_52_Pro[1].jpg

Thank you for getting this grow diary going and this is a little differnet than other grows so ill be watching this thread with much interest :toke:

Thank you for the added pictures they show whats going on, nice job!

All the best

D-M.

They look great! it will not be long until they hit the rapid growth phase :toke:

Thank you for the updated pictures they are very much appreciated.

Can I ask will they remain in this system their whole life or be moved to another system?

All the best

D-M.

This is just to start them. I like to use fluorescent for the start. It provides the best roots, and the most compact early growth. They will be switched to a grow tent. Then a bigger reservoir will be used. No hydrotons tho. I put the root plugs straight into tiny 2 inch net pots, and grow them out. An extra stage is a waste of time, and autos are all about speed. When I switch them over, they will be under LED for the remainder of the grow. I am thinking 18/6 with a 400 watt Apollo Horticulture 5w diode. Then using a light mover once they are big enough.
I welcome any questions about my growing, and general plant knowledge. That is what this site is for.

@Dinafem-Mark florescent lights seem to keep them in vegetative stage longer. I think that is a key to my larger than usual plants. If you give them time to build, they can really pack on the weight later. The extra week, or two of root development is worth the wait.

mmmmm......coladas galore coming up
vacation .jpg

Those 2 strains and 4 other Dinafem's are on the drawing board, so I'm glued.....

How do you keep the water comfy and cuddly chilly?

Good luck

mmmmm......coladas galore coming up View attachment 536861

Those 2 strains and 4 other Dinafem's are on the drawing board, so I'm glued.....

How do you keep the water comfy and cuddly chilly?

Good luck

Thank you. I do not do anything to control the temperature. Ever since I have been using Hydroguard, I have not had a single reservoir issue. I have had temps above 90F, and still no problems. My temp is usually in the high 60s F, so about 20C, for the rest of the world. Make sure you are getting lots of air in there. That water needs to boil. I recommend small airstones. They get a much more pressurized release. I change the reservoir every ten days.

I also have a OG Kush from Dinafem going on here. It is in the indoor section with a few other strains. That thing is getting huge. I have bent her into a S shape, and started to weave the branches back into the structure. It wants to block out all of its neighbors, but I need to see their performance. So I make her play nice.

Last edited:
I had to move them to the reservoir they will finish in. The roots are getting long, and wrapping up with each other. No more moving them now.
WP_20160229_12_35_11_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20160229_12_35_24_Pro[1].jpg

Blue amnesia is the bigger one, so far. Things could change.

Back