Outdoor Dinafem AWW XXL 100% outdoor, mostly organic, at 45N

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Old school early weed
The “plan”.

Start a dozen plants, put them out in 3 or 4 small plots guerilla style, and hopefully harvest a couple plants with a branch or 2 of fresh seed.

For me guerilla style means minimal work. I don’t dig too big a hole, and only shovel blade deep. I use the native soil with a gallon or so of good compost added per plant. My main concern is to keep up with the slug “medicine”.

The seed. Trying something new this year, buying seed, and chose Dinafem. I got;
5 Dinafem Amnesia XXL auto
5 Dinafem White Widow XXL auto
and some of my “early weed”.

The early weed is what it was simply called when it was given to me some 25+ years ago (before there was a thousand strain names, before there was internet !) It is indica dom. And finishes in 90 days from seed. I love it, unlike just about everything else I never get immune to it. For all I know it may be an auto too, don’t know never tried indoors? More on this later...

Anyway. I got the seed wet late May, and they broke ground on May 28. A week ahead of my normal timing, planning to be cut and dried while still hot, and dry in august.

The weather, we all got complaints, but first part of june here was very wet, and cold enough to burn leaves off the popular saplings ! (first pic.) not sure I’ve seen that before ? As a result many of the seedlings got stunted, about half of them severely.

Keep in mind these are 100% outdoor grown, have had zero benefit of indoor lighting so will be much smaller, and less branchy than many other growers have, so....don’t laugh. Frankly I always felt if I had a plant a foot tall, a foot wide by end of June I was OK.

Burnt off popular leaves.
IMG_2134.JPG

Seedlings day 1 May 28.

IMG_2113.JPG

Dinafem AWW XXL at 2 weeks.

IMG_2124.JPG

Dinafem WW at 1 month, taken yesterday June 28.
IMG_2139.JPG

They're are a foot high, a foot wide avg. And the one on the right has a couple pistils at the 5th node. Almost disappointed to see so early, by comparison my early weed won’t show till the 7th node, I hope it becomes a bit more than a “stick”, we’ll see.

And my early weed, it is just slightly the “thickest” one. The first with a 7 finger.
IMG_2140.JPG

There.
@912GreenSkell @EnkiTheBarbarian
I tagged you Enki because we are at same age, and stage.
@Dinafem-Mark

Last edited:
The “plan”.

Start a dozen plants, put them out in 3 or 4 small plots guerilla style, and hopefully harvest a couple plants with a branch or 2 of fresh seed.

For me guerilla style means minimal work. I don’t dig too big a hole, and only shovel blade deep. I use the native soil with a gallon or so of good compost added per plant. My main concern is to keep up with the slug “medicine”.

The seed. Trying something new this year, buying seed, and chose Dinafem. I got;
5 Dinafem Amnesia XXL auto
5 Dinafem White Widow XXL auto
and some of my “early weed”.

The early weed is what it was simply called when it was given to me some 25+ years ago (before there was a thousand strain names, before there was internet !) It is indica dom. And finishes in 90 days from seed. I love it, unlike just about everything else I never get immune to it. For all I know it may be an auto too, don’t know never tried indoors? More on this later...

Anyway. I got the seed wet late May, and they broke ground on May 28. A week ahead of my normal timing, planning to be cut and dried while still hot, and dry in august.

The weather, we all got complaints, but first part of june here was very wet, and cold enough to burn leaves off the popular saplings ! (first pic.) not sure I’ve seen that before ? As a result many of the seedlings got stunted, about half of them severely.

Keep in mind these are 100% outdoor grown, have had zero benefit of indoor lighting so will be much smaller, and less branchy than many other growers have, so....don’t laugh. Frankly I always felt if I had a plant a foot tall, a foot wide by end of June I was OK.

Burnt off popular leaves.
View attachment 772884

Seedlings day 1 May 28.

View attachment 772890

Dinafem AWW XXL at 2 weeks.

View attachment 772891

Dinafem WW at 1 month, taken yesterday June 28.
View attachment 772903

They're are a foot high, a foot wide avg. And the one on the right has a couple pistils at the 5th node. Almost disappointed to see so early, by comparison my early weed won’t show till the 7th node, I hope it becomes a bit more than a “stick”, we’ll see.

And my early weed, it is just slightly the “thickest” one. The first with a 7 finger.
View attachment 772904
There.
@912GreenSkell @EnkiTheBarbarian
I tagged you Enki because we are at same age, and stage.

Despite the cruel weather, those plants are looking nice and healthy! Nice work bud!

Despite the cruel weather, those plants are looking nice and healthy! Nice work bud!
Thanks man.
I know compared to yours these are quite pathetic.
At the same time for my type of grow I feel quite on schedule, I have had them bigger by now in years with more sun, and warmer temps. Upside is haven't had to water.

@Dinafem-Mark I posted here rather than over on your board. Your catalog says 60-170 gms, I got to be honest with you if it goes over 60 I will be a quite surprised, only 50 days to go, what say you ?

Thanks man.
I know compared to yours these are quite pathetic.
At the same time for my type of grow I feel quite on schedule, I have had them bigger by now in years with more sun, and warmer temps. Upside is haven't had to water.

@Dinafem-Mark I posted here rather than over on your board. Your catalog says 60-170 gms, I got to be honest with you if it goes over 60 I will be a quite surprised, only 50 days to go, what say you ?

Remember 60-170 is obtained from plants that have had a perfect life...ace conditions...cant compare breeders indoor climate controlled weights, with a rough outdoor started plant. Not pathetic at all bud....june has been terrible for weather, and a cold start on young plants hurts them alot(been there). If the weather shapes around and we get some sun, i can see 170 coming off my AWWXXL.

BTW 5 weeks is quite a long time to show preflower! I have a batch of 5 autos that had a rough start and they were the same....no sex showing until way later than normal(normal for me is 15-21 days to show). All 4(all different strains) didnt show until day 30 or later....

Remember 60-170 is obtained from plants that have had a perfect life...ace conditions...cant compare breeders indoor climate controlled weights, with a rough outdoor started plant. Not pathetic at all bud....june has been terrible for weather, and a cold start on young plants hurts them alot(been there). If the weather shapes around and we get some sun, i can see 170 coming off my AWWXXL.

@912GreenSkell Oh yeah I can see 170 off yours, maybe more (and I'm watching). Me I know I am far from "ideal" conditions, soil is no doubt "heavy", the "hole" is not too big, etc., etc. Hey, me, I'm old now, and don't need too much to last the year, this is just for fun. If I get 25 grams off each of those two WW XXL's I'll be happy. Having said that it will be interesting to see what does happen. Heck this is the first time I tried something different for, well almost ever.

BTW I do wish I had the testies to do similar to you, even without the early start if I could put them say here..
EDIT pic removed
in the yard.

I could do better, you know, more space, root room, regular cultivation, and water when they need it instead of "when I get there"
Anyway, all good, glad I found this site, at least I came out of the closet enough to post a pic. Confession, I've never saved a picture of ANY previous...you know.

Thanks again.
Good luck out there...EH.

Last edited:
BTW 5 weeks is quite a long time to show preflower! I have a batch of 5 autos that had a rough start and they were the same....no sex showing until way later than normal(normal for me is 15-21 days to show). All 4(all different strains) didnt show until day 30 or later....
WOW !! 5 weeks is a long time to show preflower ! I did not know that. Like I somewhere said here kind of new to the "weednet", and auto's. It certainly proves "autoflower" when you get pistils 7 days after summer solstice.

@912GreenSkell Oh yeah I can see 170 off yours, maybe more (and I'm watching). Me I know I am far from "ideal" conditions, soil is no doubt "heavy", the "hole" is not too big, etc., etc. Hey, me, I'm old now, and don't need too much to last the year, this is just for fun. If I get 25 grams off each of those two WW XXL's I'll be happy. Having said that it will be interesting to see what does happen. Heck this is the first time I tried something different for, well almost ever.

BTW I do wish I had the testies to do similar to you, even without the early start if I could put them say here..
View attachment 773197

I could do better, you know, more space, root room, regular cultivation, and water when they need it instead of "when I get there"
Anyway, all good, glad I found this site, at least I came out of the closet enough to post a pic. Confession, I've never saved a picture of ANY previous...you know.

Thanks again.
Good luck out there...EH.

Haha same here with me 2 years ago...i had NEVER taken pics or had pics for obvious reasons. Hey bud, the only thing that matters is you get sufficient smoke for the year. If you don't toke a whole lot, then you don't need a whole lot!! As for 170 off the AWW XXl, we'll see!! All depends how she flowers out.

Back