Deodorizer for grow room?

Heat and humidity dictates what speed you need to run your fans. My present grow dictates level 2 fan speed to maintain 50% humidity and a temp of 81°
I control the heat and humidity of my lung room currently so the temp is always 80F/60RH. That is the reason I run my outtake at 10 all of the time actually.

A slower fan speed gives you two major benefits, no smell, and you can run your humidifier at a lower setting, hence less filling up. In my case I dont use an intake fan, I just have two bottom tent flaps up for air draw. (That's if your humidifier is in your tent)

Last edited:
I control the heat and humidity of my lung room currently so the temp is always 80F/60RH. That is the reason I run my outtake at 10 all of the time actually.
If your in flower, I'd drop that humidity. If your humidifier is not in your tent, but in the lung room. Fan speed is really only controlling heat.

Last edited:
As other folks have said I think you may have a leak as when my tents zipped no smell escapes. also if you wanted to run something say outside the room as I use onablock mainly when I'm harvesting plants but on my landing stop any smells in my hall but you can't run it in your room with your tent or it can affect the smell of your buds

As other folks have said I think you may have a leak as when my tents zipped no smell escapes. also if you wanted to run something say outside the room as I use onablock mainly when I'm harvesting plants but on my landing stop any smells in my hall but you can't run it in your room with your tent or it can affect the smell of your buds

Is that one of the deodorizing gels or putties? I did a quick search on amazon but I am not sure if I found the right thing. Also yes I am now sure I must have a leak. I will check later today to see what I can find

Is that one of the deodorizing gels or putties? I did a quick search on amazon but I am not sure if I found the right thing. Also yes I am now sure I must have a leak. I will check later today to see what I can find

Yes he was talking about ona . You can get it in gel or spray. I bought a spray can when I first started growing but haven't really needed to use it because the carbon filter is quality and setup properly

Yes bro that's it as I say when I'm especially taking a plant down I make sure the smell getting to my hall and downstairs is completely gone I also own this and this does the same sort of thing as the ona but I'm very security conscious
20220326_154449.jpg

I use a dirt cheap (Auertech. Spelling?) filter in my 2x4 tent and even it works very well at containing the smell. I agree with experimenting with a lower fan speed on the exhaust.

I think that if you open up your tent for watering the smell will get out, using an ozone generator, neutralizer or that deodorizing gel might help with that.
When in a hurry, you can try putting some bleach into your toilet and not flushing it. This will help neutralize the scent to.

Turn off your intake fan or turn it down. Your intake fan is pressurizing the tent because unrestricted by a filter it is pumping in more CFM than the 6 inch fan chocked down by the filter can pump out. Is the pre-filter on the carbon filter dirty? I have to wash mine every grow.

Your plants need the most Co² during lights on. Be sure to visit early and often. Grow edible mushrooms. When you stop the smell from coming out of the tent then you can have a box fan that runs on high to exchange all of the air in the lung room; Whenever you go in. Does the inspector look for an air sealed door? If not you could make a small gap at the bottom that may not be noticeable? Would they allow you to have bottled Co²?

No easy answer for growing in your environment.

:goodluck:

Back