Deficiency or Paranoid?

Lack of chlorophyll.. It's that simple. Also, Blue is correct.. It is too early for a nutrient deficiency. Has nothing to do with seed viability or nutrient uptake. It will begin to gain color as it photosynthesises.

Lack of chlorophyll.. It's that simple. Also, Blue is correct.. It is too early for a nutrient deficiency. Has nothing to do with seed viability or nutrient uptake. It will begin to gain color as it photosynthesises.
Which could be caused by a lack of nutrients even this early. Could be a defective transport layer between the cotyledons and the rest of the plants. Could be many things. Under normal circumstances those leaves will be a deeper green from the get go. Something is different. That something may turn out inconsequential, or not.

We produced 20 to 30K vegetable transplants per year in our greenhouse. I've seen all kinds of wierd shit.

To the OP, good on you for looking at your plants and noticing. Observation is key to becoming a better/great grower.

Hey so this is my Dr Jack Auto. The Dr is only 5 days old and I was getting concerned about how bright/yellow tinged the centre of the leaves were. It’s also quite a bit smaller than it’s grow run buddy. Is it a deficiency or completely normal and I’m just para?

View attachment 1236307
:toke:- Hotdog', what are you growing in? That will be a major factor on any potential defc.'s this early... If you're in a soilless medium like ProMix, coco, Sunshine#4, then they are basically barren of any nutes by design,... Good, true soil will have enough for initial growth, plus what the cotyl's have ( not much though BTW)... I don't prefer soilless myself, but most folks add nutes in by the first week, or even precharge it with a very light dose...
That said, it is unusual for such young plants to experience defc.'s this early, so I'm leaning toward what Proph says; I've had plenty of babies this young show light color like that, and they darkened up soon enough!

:toke:- Hotdog', what are you growing in? That will be a major factor on any potential defc.'s this early... If you're in a soilless medium like ProMix, coco, Sunshine#4, then they are basically barren of any nutes by design,... Good, true soil will have enough for initial growth, plus what the cotyl's have ( not much though BTW)... I don't prefer soilless myself, but most folks add nutes in by the first week, or even precharge it with a very light dose...
That said, it is unusual for such young plants to experience defc.'s this early, so I'm leaning toward what Proph says; I've had plenty of babies this young show light color like that, and they darkened up soon enough!
I’m growing in coco but it’s been amended with seaweed, worm castings, bat guano, Epsom salts etc. It’s an old mix so I thought I’d use it. I have a feeling you and Proph might be right because it is starting to mellow out in it’s colour, it’s just a little slow. It’s my first grow so I’m maybe reading into everything too much ahaha :doh:

Back