Deficiency or Paranoid?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Zkittles
Hey so this is my Dr Jack Auto. The Dr is only 5 days old and I was getting concerned about how bright/yellow tinged the centre of the leaves were. It’s also quite a bit smaller than it’s grow run buddy. Is it a deficiency or completely normal and I’m just para?

097D3A98-06B8-4AAD-A4AC-8A070CA6A811.jpeg

Hey so this is my Dr Jack Auto. The Dr is only 5 days old and I was getting concerned about how bright/yellow tinged the centre of the leaves were. It’s also quite a bit smaller than it’s grow run buddy. Is it a deficiency or completely normal and I’m just para?

View attachment 1236307

Hello - It's far to young to have a deficiency as it's still feeding from it cotelodeyondeyons (y'know). ^_^

:pass:

I’m using the Spider Farmer 1000 and it’s about 30 cm away from them right now, it’s dimmed to 50%.

Just had a peek at the user manual and they do suggest you to hang them 24-30" inches (60 - 76cm) away from them at this stage, although they mention nothing about dimming.
Oh damn... I must’ve read it wrong I thought it was that for cm ‍♀️ Trust me to not even read a set of instructions right. I felt something wasn’t quite right with the height. Well thank you both for your quick replies!!

Oh damn... I must’ve read it wrong I thought it was that for cm ‍♀ Trust me to not even read a set of instructions right. I felt something wasn’t quite right with the height. Well thank you both for your quick replies!!
Can easily happen bud, and you're welcome :d5:

I got an sf2000 and the instructions are rubbish. I contacted them and asked about heights and dimmer levels. They sent me this.
Screenshot_20200828-110015_Gallery.jpg

Hello - It's far to young to have a deficiency as it's still feeding from it cotelodeyondeyons (y'know). ^_^

:pass:
I don't think that is quite correct. A seedling will start absorbing nutrients as soon as it has roots of any sort. I expect that plants gradually transition from primarily cotyledon provided nutrients to primarily root provided. I tried a few searches, but Google didn't come up with any good scientific articles on the subject.

FWIW, in our seedling greenhouse, we started with fertilizer as soon as the seedlings had their first set of leaves.

It is possible that this seed was not as viable as its cohort. That it is not as big as the other plant suggests something is going on.

I did find a couple of scientific papers that suggest that in highly calcerous soils zn and p uptake can be inhibited. If you happened to get a soil that was not well mixed, it is possible that the roots hit something that are affecting their ability to absorb some nutrient.

Other than the colour, it does look quite healthy.

Generally, if you plant a flower or vegetable seeds you thin out the weaker seedlings. When we grow weed we expect them to be all perfect.
With the different phenos and seed viability, it is possible that they are slightly different. I have had seedlings that I was ready to pitch that actually ended up growing bigger than there sisters. Sometime the runts will end up vegging longer and get bigger. Yes, it is a little light but when it is that early I would not be that worried. You can sometimes mess up more trying to correct a problem that does not exist.

Back