Day 39.. first time growing autoflowers.. when do they flower?

Reaction score
I'm growing the LSD strain autoflower. Its day 39. When do they start to flower?
20220420_215911.jpg

It’s my first time too man and I don’t have an answer but someone has to reply haha so I can just tell you mine are 43 days old, they’ve been thru hell, and today was the first day the leaves showed “frosty tips” so that was fun.
AF23E982-5D41-47E6-BA57-48E63008B2BC.jpeg
A4D54E86-B0F5-4530-8CD0-CB0B148D31CA.jpeg

It’s my first time too man and I don’t have an answer but someone has to reply haha so I can just tell you mine are 43 days old, they’ve been thru hell, and today was the first day the leaves showed “frosty tips” so that was fun. View attachment 1448545View attachment 1448546
Nice. I hope mine get some too soon. I seen pistils today. Are you using any nutrients for flowering? Mine are day 40. Yours look really good. What kind of heater are you using? I havent been able to find one that works well im thr tent so I put one in the basement room with the tent.
20220421_151913.jpg
20220421_153814.jpg

Nice. I hope mine get some too soon. I seen pistils today. Are you using any nutrients for flowering? Mine are day 40. Yours look really good. What kind of heater are you using? I havent been able to find one that works well im thr tent so I put one in the basement room with the tent. View attachment 1448547View attachment 1448548
1. I’m in coco using liquid General Hydroponics brand nutes. A week ago I found out, from the people that will help you here, I was starving em for a long time. Everything started drooping and was aiming straight down. Started full nutes every day and looking good.
2. I’m lucky cuz I’m in Southern California less than a mile from the beach. Tent is in garage/man cave which itself is consistlenty 68-73 degrees with 43-53% humidity. So my exhaust fan doesnt work hard cuz it only works to keep the temp max at 78. It was 95 outside last week and i just turned on garage cooler and kept garage temp close to 65 degrees which makes it easy for stable tent temp. Natural humidity always perfecto, haven’t used it since sprouts.
3. Many pros here talk about big changes in behavior within different strains so maybe that’s why mine appear a little ahead of yours. Or maybe it’s the coco. Or maybe it’s them being under “high” ppfd as they grew up (when 4-600 was recommended I was at 800 and have just let em grow to the light. But it’s for sure not because I did something correctly on purpose hahaaaa.

Last edited:
FYI I’m brand new too and I love it here cuz the science nerd in me LOVES watching shit grow and these guys will help. I’d strongly suggest doing a lot of scrolling in all the forums cuz all of our questions have been asked many times. Read and take lots of screenshots. I love smoking a joint and getting lost in the youtube autoflower world haha I’m 57 years old rolling joints for 40 years and just dropped my first seeds. Crazy man but better late than never.

Day 42
I got a grow tent in my basement. Its constantly colder down there so I gotta run my space heater all the time. Its day 42 for mine. I was using fox farm grow big and big bud I think its called up until about a week and half ago. I seen some nitrogen burn happening. But I stopped and it is looking good. Had a lil big of too much light cause they grew faster than I expected. Tell you man. Leave the. Alone for one day lol. But im thinking of using the tiger bloom soon. What do yall think? Using foxfarm happy from soil and foxfarm ocean blend. Wanted to see which was better. I will have to see again next batch cause I started in the closet and moved to grow tent. So get a better test next time.
20220423_105755.jpg
20220423_105740.jpg
20220423_102910.jpg
20220423_102848.jpg

The lights just turned on. Im switching from a 20/4 schedule to a 18/6 schedule today. Hoping to promote more flowering maybe? ‍

1. I’m in coco using liquid General Hydroponics brand nutes. A week ago I found out, from the people that will help you here, I was starving em for a long time. Everything started drooping and was aiming straight down. Started full nutes every day and looking good.
2. I’m lucky cuz I’m in Southern California less than a mile from the beach. Tent is in garage/man cave which itself is consistlenty 68-73 degrees with 43-53% humidity. So my exhaust fan doesnt work hard cuz it only works to keep the temp max at 78. It was 95 outside last week and i just turned on garage cooler and kept garage temp close to 65 degrees which makes it easy for stable tent temp. Natural humidity always perfecto, haven’t used it since sprouts.
3. Many pros here talk about big changes in behavior within different strains so maybe that’s why mine appear a little ahead of yours. Or maybe it’s the coco. Or maybe it’s them being under “high” ppfd as they grew up (when 4-600 was recommended I was at 800 and have just let em grow to the light. But it’s for sure not because I did something correctly on purpose hahaaaa.
What strain is yours? Autos right?

Back