Dinafem davisgirl grows the new cookies...

That would be "Hydroton" or "Clay pebbles" as they are more commonly known [emoji106]

Quite a common medium especially for DWC, RDWC and Dripper system's :pass:

A bit of info from our good friend "Google"

Clay pebbles or hydroton (sometimes referred to as LECA—light expandedclay aggregate) are a hydroponic substrate with units about the size of marbles or peanuts

Hope that helps my friend?

All the best :bong:

Mark..
Hey Mark thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with the little clay balls/hydroton. I was wondering what the "dirt-like" stuff is. Was under the impression you shouldn't have any organic materials or soil near a DWC setup so just a bit confused what the purpose is.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

06CC8F7A-BCBF-4E81-BC63-CF27BE90F30C.jpeg

Are you talking about this picture my friend?

Mark..

So sorry @Dinafem-Mark and @ocg — I am in the midst of primping the ladies for Battle final picture day, damn but they look good. Neither one of them runts, that’s for sure.

Thanks Mark for helping ocg :d5:You are correct, I have a tray set up with coco/perlite/seedling strength goodness and I am experimenting with different types of herbs and flowers. It made sense to nestle the riots in there for the first day or two over a heat mat and indeed, they loved it. Roots came out the bottom before anything out of the top.

53A58D7E-4A3B-4F2C-8D08-05ED8273B057.jpeg

They enjoyed their time in the tray and I’m glad because within 48 hours I was all — welcome to your buckets and COBs bitchez! Here they are at day 5:
EBB7D2B9-D887-479A-90F7-137E03BDBC78.jpeg

So sorry @Dinafem-Mark and @ocg — I am in the midst of primping the ladies for Battle final picture day, damn but they look good. Neither one of them runts, that’s for sure.

Thanks Mark for helping ocg :d5:You are correct, I have a tray set up with coco/perlite/seedling strength goodness and I am experimenting with different types of herbs and flowers. It made sense to nestle the riots in there for the first day or two over a heat mat and indeed, they loved it. Roots came out the bottom before anything out of the top.

View attachment 1050957

They enjoyed their time in the tray and I’m glad because within 48 hours I was all — welcome to your buckets and COBs bitchez! Here they are at day 5:
View attachment 1050959

That's what I thought my friend :pass:

Thanks for clearing that up buddy :thumbsup:

Mark..

Day 13 for my little Cookies:
F20E1F5C-8ACD-4678-B042-015DBC280C61.jpeg
13426CE9-E347-4CFC-96D3-4D8741D73739.jpeg

My Blueberry Cookie — my early favorite — is a little small, she hasn’t hit the water yet. 13 days is on the late side for roots not out of the bucket, she may just be shy. OG is in the water enough for the both of them, no holding this one back. Nothing momentous to report, running full strength calmag, weak Megacrop, and Heisenberg tea with PPMs running 400-500s.

These are going to get topped on the 4th or maybe the 5th, we’ll see when the day comes.

I’d let the humidity go up a bit but lots of girls flowering in the tent at the moment:
5DAEA2CE-B895-4A4B-85E3-D6295A9D2292.jpeg

In another 2 weeks all the big girls on the left side will be gone, just in time for these girls to get some serious elbow room.

Wow , your “greenhouse “ looks fantastic :thumbsup:. I could hang out in there for hours; great job!

Aw shit thanks Wes! How ya been? Look at me growing photos can you believe this? I’m all ears, ready for advice any time!

Here’s a peek at the other side of the tent, crazy stuff happening in here, having a great time!
9F679323-E8F6-4457-A59F-A2A14CD19022.jpeg

Back