New Grower Danielsaaan’s Second Grow

Day 65: Light intensity was burning my plants. Raised the light up a few inches and dimmed it. Made sure the tops of each plant were all getting ~800+ ppfd. Hopefully this is a good spot. Pruned a handful of dead leaves. Getting there…
C903118D-7DDD-43CD-A25A-E93E81C924ED.jpeg

Wish I never went with manufacturer’s recommended light height my first couple of grows. Next grow, I’m going to keep it as high as I can, while getting sufficient PPFD. I think this is why I’m ending up with short bushy plants (that may even be stunted a little due light intensity). Live and learn! Can’t wait to start a new one…

That's the beauty of this hobby of ours, we can always pick up a thing or two from others. I'll keep light distance in mind setting up my next grow.
Facts! All of the taller, larger plants I’ve seen, I’ve noticed the light is super high. I’m sure their plants are getting the appropriate levels of PPFD, but not at no 10-12”! Or whatever the crazy recommendations are…something to think about / experiment with!

I went by the manufacturers guidelines the first few grows myself, then I seen the light,,,, so to speak,,,, "DLI" ,,, hanging the light higher or lower, turning the driver up or down, or a longer or shorter "day time", every one of these can be used alone or together to achieve your desired DLI while getting greater coverage and not burning a plant.

You do need a PAR meter to find that sweet spot, which changes thru out the grow "season" as the plant grows.

It very may well be just coming to her end, there could be or could have been something missing or locked out, I do not think there is much you could do at this point that would make much difference, keep on watering.

From my limited experience I usually see the pistils predominantly change color with about 2 to 3 weeks to go as they really bulk up.

When do you guys start checking trichomes? Once all of the white hairs change color? Also, do you think that’s natural fade on the big one, or am I messing something up?
Thank you!
Once around at least 50% of hairs have darkened is when I start checking here check this out if you haven’t it has changed my harvest thoughts :d5:

And as far as the light goes you are in the right track. You may not even need 100% power this way you can lower temp in the tent if needed

Back