Status
Not open for further replies.
I just smoked some larf that's been "curing" for ~a year. (A bit desperate for sleep atm, since I skipped a grow and ran out)
This has been sitting in a little plastic jar out in the open for all this time. I put it in there after air drying way back when.. and now it's yellow. The weed is yellow. When I opened it up it had one of the lightest and sweetest smells I've ever smelled from cannabis.
And the high that's coming on right as I type this.. it's facenumbingly high.. and I just had a little screen-covering in the bowl.

I have now reached the 5minute mark, I'm gonna bow out for half an hour now.
We have some very old smoke too. Amazing how the character changes with age, enjoy that sleep!

A nice microbial food source..Some people use it in conjunction with Epsom salt as a calcium and magnesium supplement..1 tablespoon of each to a gallon of water..It is also a good carbon source in compost teas...I myself use a combination of powdered, liquid and raw cane sugar.

:toke: Ivory' --- oh yes, it's a long time known Goodie for most any kind of garden! Unsulferated is necessary, otherwise there's some variations... Blackstrap, full/mild flavor,... the "heavier" full flavor type and Blackstrap have more nutrients in it than mild flavor versions,... molasses has significant amounts of Ca, Mg, some K, a little Fe,...all chelated naturally,... as for the sugar, that's really for the soil' microbes,.. from what I've read, roots don't absorb sugar molecules like that,. and I think some of the sugar types can't be absorbed anyway-? Point is, the 'crobes can feast on them, so they get a boost, feed/multiply,...that helps cycle and breakdown nutes and organic matters, which in turn benefits the plant! :coffee:

Hello all at AFN! I'm looking for some info on molasses. Is it worth using? I keep finding conflicting info. Anybody use it with positive results?
It has it's place on my shelf, for sure.
But choose wisely:d5:
Blackstap is a favorite, but I never have found it locally. Bre'r Rabbit is my go to. Agreat source for Ca and magnesium, some awesome minor nutes as well.
I notice a better return on products like Orca with it, the sugar really feeds those soil bugs:thumbsup: I tend to go light on it (no ryme or reason), like a tblsp per 5 gallons twice a month.
It's an unsulphered product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back