Status
Not open for further replies.
The great Bessie Smith. Her recordings influenced everyone from Louis Armstrong to Billie Holiday to Frank Sinatra. At the time, 1929, most black artists recordings were sold on what was called 'Race Records'. The recording companies at that time segregated their recordings and paid little attention to what the black artists were recording. Lyrics like those of 'Kitchen Man' would never have been permitted on a white label. Bessie mainly performed in theaters and tents, prior to electric amplification. Her tone and projection allowed her singing to reach the whole audience. Bessie is one of a handful of artists who are consistently pointed to as a prime influence in blues and jazz.

The great Bessie Smith. Her recordings influenced everyone from Louis Armstrong to Billie Holiday to Frank Sinatra. At the time, 1929, most black artists recordings were sold on what was called 'Race Records'. The recording companies at that time segregated their recordings and paid little attention to what the black artists were recording. Lyrics like those of 'Kitchen Man' would never have been permitted on a white label. Bessie mainly performed in theaters and tents, prior to electric amplification. Her tone and projection allowed her singing to reach the whole audience. Bessie is one of a handful of artists who are consistently pointed to as a prime influence in blues and jazz.

She was definitely one of the greats, thanks for that Muddy! :slap:
For some reason, Bessie always reminds me of Memphis Minnie

Evening All :bighug::pass:

Brie day 26 aka DinaFem White Cheese [HASHTAG]#showyourbush[/HASHTAG]

DSC_0033a.JPG

She was definitely one of the greats, thanks for that Muddy! :slap:
For some reason, Bessie always reminds me of Memphis Minnie

Cool. I can't remember the last time I heard any Memphis Minnie. She and Bessie come from the same era along with others like Ma Rainey, Trixie Smith, and Alberta Hunter who were all part of a genre called 'Classic Blues' singers. Once recordings started to go electric in 1933 the style changed.

[HASHTAG]#showyourbush[/HASHTAG] "binned" version 6.0..... Damn ive been trimming for 24 hours (intermittently of course).. Sweet Seeds Cream CaramelView attachment 714735
Damn that looks good! :bravo::bravo:
I still want to grow some Cream Caramel. We attempted to a few years ago, and a pack rat wiped out 12 or 14 seedlings in a single night. Arrg! :cuss:

Ack. I just found a sticky note from Thursday :face:
@Clix, here's the picture of my redneck swamp cooler
20170311_202734.jpg

20170311_202720.jpg

Like I said, it's pretty basic. Just an old ice chest with an adjustable vent on the side as an intake, and a bathroom fan on the lid for exhaust. The dryer hose is just so I can direct airflow. I fill the chest with frozen water jugs and wet towels.
Low tech, but it can drop things about 10 degrees, occasionally more depending on the humidity. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back