Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up guys? I was just reading up on my tap water and chlorine, it said something about if you are hyper-sensitive/allergic to chlorine you could add 1mL Ascorbic Acid(aka Vitamin C) to your bathtub to instantly de-chlorify all the water in it. Can we just do this instead of letting the water sit out for 24h? Real useful for people like me who forget filling buckets the night before watering-days [emoji23]

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

Whats up guys? I was just reading up on my tap water and chlorine, it said something about if you are hyper-sensitive/allergic to chlorine you could add 1mL Ascorbic Acid(aka Vitamin C) to your bathtub to instantly de-chlorify all the water in it. Can we just do this instead of letting the water sit out for 24h? Real useful for people like me who forget filling buckets the night before watering-days [emoji23]

"One gram of ascorbic acid will neutralize 1 milligram per liter of chlorine per 100 gallons of water. The reaction is very fast. The chemical reaction (Tikkanen and others 2001) of ascorbic acid with chlorine is shown below:

C5H5O5CH2OH + HOCL → C5H3O5CH2OH + HCl + H2O

Ascorbic acid + Hypochlorous acid → Dehydroascorbic acid + Hydrochloric acid + water

Approximately 2.5 parts of ascorbic acid are required for neutralizing 1 part chlorine. Since ascorbic acid is weakly acidic, the pH of the treated water may decrease slightly in low alkaline waters."

quote from ...>> https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/05231301/05231301.html .....

Not all chlorine is created equal, Bum. Some of the newer chemistry is almost impossible to get rid the without expensive systems.
Ask your local water co what type of Cl they're using.
Cl2 is easy, it gasses off. Chloromine (NH2Cl) is a nasty bugger.

@Jraven , I was wondering if you've every tried to make canna extract

No, I haven't and I probably have enough material to do a small run of something...I've got alcohol and cocobutter, have to figure out the best thing to do.

20g of bud 200g coconut oil.
coconut oil.JPG

reeks like i dont know what.
:pighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back