Status
Not open for further replies.
The garden center said it was catnip when I bought it last spring, but from other pics I've seen of catnip blossoms, I'm not sure. It's a perennial because it came back all on it's own this spring. After not doing too well choked out by the tomato and zucchini plants around it last year.

Anyone know if it actually is a species of catnip or what it is?

View attachment 926290 View attachment 926291
I guess a quick way to find out is see if the cat likes it

@9bear Jeez, dude....I wasnt running down Canada.......I was commenting on your recent good fortune with legalization!
Sure you were We are the most progressive country in the world and the truth is there are a lot of countries that are as jealous of the fact that we took the initiative on legalization of cannabis . If you live in the good old USA it will take the next 100 years before your legit in the meantime the law will probably still throw your sorry as in jail for a gram and kids that need their meds will be locked up in camps away from their parents like their doing right now Imagine if your an immigrant and your kids need meds . Good Luck

The garden center said it was catnip when I bought it last spring, but from other pics I've seen of catnip blossoms, I'm not sure. It's a perennial because it came back all on it's own this spring. After not doing too well choked out by the tomato and zucchini plants around it last year.

Doesn't look like any catnip ive seen. Catnip leaves are very mint like looking I don't know?

Sure you were We are the most progressive country in the world and the truth is there are a lot of countries that are as jealous of the fact that we took the initiative on legalization of cannabis . If you live in the good old USA it will take the next 100 years before your legit in the meantime the law will probably still throw your sorry as in jail for a gram and kids that need their meds will be locked up in camps away from their parents like their doing right now Imagine if your an immigrant and your kids need meds . Good Luck
Relax bear don't let that temper build, not worth it. he meant no disrespect to Canada. The legalization vote made big news here in US. Most of us here are happy for Canadians who need meds and can get them legally now. And yes bear your right about our legal system, however we have come along way in 5 years toward reformation of cannabis laws. Were all friends here with a common goal and interest in seeing the archaic laws worldwide toward cannabis abolished. Cheers bear

Hi bro don't look much like catnip to me either, looks like it could be some type of bee balm or wild bergamot though.

It does have a minty smell to the leaves. The phone app I tried out so far has come back saying African Daisies and then a type of Milkweed, neither of which seems right.
If its a form of milkweed if you snap a blossom stem it will ooze a white milk like substance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back