Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to hearing how the effects are on the cbd strain!
I chopped up all of the fan leaves and made coconut oil, I put two quart jars of LARF in the freezer for Fresh Frozen QWET and I think this plant will still give me close to a pound of bud! I don't smoke but will be making som live rosin as soon as some of the smaller buds are dry enough. Then I will make a chocolate bar and consume copious amounts. stay tuned.....................

@Damien50 68°F is the ideal temperature for oxygen saturation in water. Water's ability to hold oxygen goes down as water temperature goes up. Along with less oxygen bacteria and enzyme activity increase as temperatures rise. These bacterias and enzymes also use oxygen further depleting the availability to the roots. This in turn causes problems in root health and can easily lead to root rot. It is a cascading event. Botanicare Hydroguard is a bacteria that overgrows the reservoir outcompeting bad bacterias and protects the roots but it cannot improve the oxygen density. So at some point the roots cannot survive. I have completed grows with reservoir temperatures as high as 88°F but yield and quality was down. I have had good results with temperatures as high as 78°F in the reservoir for short periods of time. It just gets so damn hot here in the San Joaquin Valley during the summer (30 days in a row over 100°F this summer) that I went to rockwool. Drip fertigation pulls air into the Hugo blocks for good healthy roots even in this inferno.

Hah! I knew you would know. Very informative by the way.

Maths with f6..

I have 21g of bag weed and an 3 weeks away from a cut..

:face:

f6

I feel your pain. 5 weeks away and I smoked my first grow already. I refuse to buy more. Good luck

Hah! I knew you would know. Very informative by the way.
Thanks Damien, aside from true organic live soil, I think DWC is the best method for growing indoors from the standpoint of quality and yield. It requires a lot of attention to do it well - way more than other methods. I am locked into hydro by my bad back. I simply cannot lift soil and a pot. I let pumps do my lifting. The rockwool thing seem to be working ok for now.

Thanks Damien, aside from true organic live soil, I think DWC is the best method for growing indoors from the standpoint of quality and yield. It requires a lot of attention to do it well - way more than other methods. I am locked into hydro by my bad back. I simply cannot lift soil and a pot. I let pumps do my lifting. The rockwool thing seem to be working ok for now.

So what is your opinion of multi feeds in coco? Compared to my first grow in soil I found it easier but I've been considering under current DWC when I upgrade to a 8x8 tent. Though I don't know specifics of how comparable my current method is to DWC just that many commercial growers opt for drip systems but many also do DWC. I'm not really limited but interested in the least amount of work with the highest return and I worry about failing pumps and stuff.

@Damien50 I use continuous top feed (squirts not drip) over clay balls, fabric pots in a tray draining to a res with a pump always on.

Have done this since I started growing 20yrs ago. These days I have a greater level of sophistication but it is low intensity and better than timers as that's when pumps fail on startup if something catches in the impeller.

Overview
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/f6s-ultimate-hydro.61348/

f6

Pic of a few buds from the Green Poison Fast
DSCN0315.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

DSCN0319.JPG

@Damien50 I use continuous top feed (squirts not drip) over clay balls, fabric pots in a tray draining to a res with a pump always on.

Have done this since I started growing 20yrs ago. These days I have a greater level of sophistication but it is low intensity and better than timers as that's when pumps fail on startup if something catches in the impeller.

Overview
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/f6s-ultimate-hydro.61348/

f6

Pulling that much gpw I'm jealous lol. I keep recently being told that ebb and flow is the way to go but I just don't know. I'm not not saying it isn't good just not convinced it's the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back