Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Elle (although the sun is past the yardarm for us, at the time of my answer lol)
Good choice of tea strength (it's shows us your a proper British woman!):biggrin::d5:
Rich tea a good choice too!!! but makes me think your a West country girl living in the East!
Now to the Ginger nuts, they are fantastic in tea but coffee....? Well that's a new one on me and I'm sure if you say it is good , then it is exactly that.
The thing about coffee is I never found that coffee was quite as good at getting the biscuit soggy, do you know what I mean?
By this I mean in a timely manner, it seems to me that coffee always took longer to get the desired result!
These days this is all academic to me as sadly I am no longer allowed to eat "Discs of Death" AKA Biscuits, for health reasons.

*snip*
Now everyone can enjoy a British Cream Tea and believe me it tastes divine, if anyone does make one please show us a pic.:headbang:

LOL yes the West Country has always felt like home. I think you should either source some sugar-free ginger biscuits, or make your own. They do have to be properly crisp though or they won't soak up the coffee. You can use filter or instant. A ginger nut dipped in coffee shouldn't go floppy but will be soft enough to disintegrate in the mouth - perfect in my mind. The trouble with rich teas is there's always the chance it'll break off and fall into the mug.

I want a cream tea now dammit LOL!

That's a great idea! Exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Thanks!
You're welcome! I'm not sure how it tastes yet, mine is done but I haven't tried it. I will do in the morning if I remember, and let you know. But as the alcohol evaporates out it should be fine.

Is the cost of the helicopter worth catching the guy when you have his partner already under custody?

I imagine the resources spent to catch this "bad guy" heavily outweighed just asking his partner to give him up or take a harsher punishment
I think you kinda missed my point. I wasn't questioning their reasoning, since I don't think they should have gone after him at all. I was questioning their methods.

Police in helicopters costs £1000 an hour to keep in the air!! Total waste of money and should only be used for real emergencies and accidents or chasing armed robbers or school shooters etc.
Most local police forces in the UK won't even bother small growers these days, as it cost between £16,000 and £20,000 to bust someone, so if they cant get a result because someone only had 4 plants, they have then lost a whole load of money from there already stretched budget.
One thing I like about the USA is it is illegal to use FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) to find grows because you guys have some sort of right in you legislature to protect you privacy, we don't have those rights in the UK.However the US police still use FLIR and once a decent grow has been spotted, they find another way of trying to catch you. thankfully on a State law basis, in more and more states MMJ & Recreational MJ are becoming more commonly accepted, even if the Federal laws doesn't agree.
The force and effort put into hassling a gentleman in his fifties leading ultimately to his demise is quite frankly disgusting and all involve should take equal blame and be locked up for manslaughter if not murder!
We can see light at the end of the tunnel but we are still a long way from protecting the liberty of citizens, who just wish to live in peace and grow a few cannabis plants.

Police in helicopter, a search fi marijuana
Police man in the streets, searching fi collie weed
Soldiers in the field, burnin the collie weed
But if you continue to burn up the herbs, we gonna burn down the cane fields
If you continue to burn up the herbs, we gonna burn down the cane fields
Soldier in the herb field, burnin the collie weed
Ohh

Police men in the fields, burnin the collie weed

We don't trouble your banana, we don't trouble your corn
We don't trouble your pimento, we don't trouble you at all

So if you continue to burn up the herbs, we gonna burn down the cane fields
Woyy

Last edited:
You're welcome! I'm not sure how it tastes yet, mine is done but I haven't tried it. I will do in the morning if I remember, and let you know. But as the alcohol evaporates out it should be fine.
I can testify that canna can be absorbed through the skin (or under the tongue)... I was making a fairly large batch of tincture and when squeezing out the filter, I forgot to put gloves on.

That was the most stoned I have been in recent memory.

LOL yes the West Country has always felt like home. I think you should either source some sugar-free ginger biscuits, or make your own. They do have to be properly crisp though or they won't soak up the coffee. You can use filter or instant. A ginger nut dipped in coffee shouldn't go floppy but will be soft enough to disintegrate in the mouth - perfect in my mind. The trouble with rich teas is there's always the chance it'll break off and fall into the mug.

I want a cream tea now dammit LOL!

I love the Westcountry which is handy as i live there lol.

My problem is diabetes type II, even if I replace the sugar with something like Splenda (decarboxylated sugar where the carboxyl group has been removed) It is the carbohydrate in the flour that is the problem as carbohydrate is converted to sugar, in the mastication process by amylase and in the digestion process.
The sugar is held onto by the blood vessels and they never let go of it, it only leaves the body when the red blood cell dies, the life cycle of a red blood vessel is about 12 weeks.
I could try making them out of almond flour or coconut flour (I really don't like coconut flour as it robs you mouth of moisture but I guess, that shouldn't be a problem if I'm dunkin' them).
I like your description of how the gingernut is affected by the coffee and it is as pretty much how I have experience dunkin' in coffee, although I have never dunked gingernuts in coffee.
Rich tea are a great dunker but you are spot on in your evaluation of them as a reliable dunker, a dropped packet of rich tea is the dunkers enemy. Very fine unseeable, hairline fractures can destroy your dunkin' pleasure, leading to a rather nasty sludge ate the bottom of your cup.

If you were in the area I'd invite you over for a cream tea but not sure if I could fit in right now after my ploughman's. :p

If they had found some thousand plant grow with cartel thugs rocking high powered rifles guarding and looking after it, I could see that level of resources. When it's 10 plants and they've got his buddy in hand already it was just totally over the top. Negligent manslaughter or something along those lines at least should be brought against whoever was driving the dozer.

I love the Westcountry which is handy as i live there lol.

If you were in the area I'd invite you over for a cream tea but not sure if I could fit in right now after my ploughman's. :p
LOL yeah just as well!

Understood about the type II, shame though!

It's a bit far for me to drive just for a cream tea, but maybe at some point over the rest of the summer I could be down that way anyway. I'll let you know if I come anywhere near! :pass:

We certainly spoke when you were first here in 2017.
The first time I spoke to you was in HST Topping,Scrog,Mainline,Fimming,Circular Training,Supercropping,By Budelee on the 21st of Feb 2017.
In my years of being on forums I have been a member of many forum (mostly so I can see content and pictures) but have only really posted on 4 or so Forums (Strain Hunters,ICMag, Autoflower Network & Autoflower Portal), I have posted on others too but so infrequently I need not name them.
Arty Zan is my AFN & AFP name on other forums I was Lamsbread.
I checked those other forums and I couldn't find your name, so unless your name is different on those forums, here is where we first spoke.
Never apologise for asking questions it is how we learn, if you aint asking questions you had better know what your talking about and be giving answers to questions.
I am never ashamed if I am ignorant about something as long as I make the effort to learn and find out about it and I will tell supercilious people that too when they are being smug & looking down at me. When the conversation changes watch out smug people, coz there are many things I do know about and can go on about at length! knowledge is a wonderful thing & if i can help someone, then that's what i will do, especially when it comes to our favorite plant.
I have a saying "If I haven't learned something new everyday, then that day is a wasted day", I love to learn and in life if you get your head screwed on right , you realise you can never stop learning and you can never know everything.
Oh yeah almost forgot... I can ramble on a bit sometimes. :smoking:
dude it was when I first joined with budelee..:d5:...your tag rang a bell and I had to ask.:rofl:...and thanks for the reply dude, ramble away bro lol:pass:

LOL yeah just as well!

Understood about the type II, shame though!

It's a bit far for me to drive just for a cream tea, but maybe at some point over the rest of the summer I could be down that way anyway. I'll let you know if I come anywhere near! :pass:

Sounds cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back