Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Live Stoners....if I did a munchie centric deli and sandwich shop, should I include the semi famous due to Elvis enjoying them "Fool's Gold Loaf" peanut butter, jelly, and bacon "sandwich" on the menu?

:chef:

Fools-Gold-Sandwich-Chew-Nibble-Nosh.png

Ok, Live Stoners....if I did a munchie centric deli and sandwich shop, should I include the semi famous due to Elvis enjoying them "Fool's Gold Loaf" peanut butter, jelly, and bacon "sandwich" on the menu?

Why would you not?

Why would you not?

Guess I'd better. Would have bacon, peanut butter, and jelly on hand anyway for other stuff already anyhow. And if I was going to do a munchie centric spot in Vegas, the Elvis impersonator capitol of the world, I'd better have the sandwich from one of the greatest munchie stories ever on the menu, I guess. :baked:

From Wikipedia:
Elvis connection
David Adler's book contains a detailed account of the event that made the Fool's Gold Loaf sandwich famous. On the night of February 1, 1976, Elvis Presley was at his home at Graceland in Memphis, entertaining Capt. Jerry Kennedy of the Denver, Colorado police force, and Ron Pietrafeso of Colorado's Strike Force Against Crime. The three men began discussing the sandwich, and Presley decided he wanted one right then. Presley had been to the restaurant before, while in Denver.[10] Kennedy and Pietrafeso were friends of the owners and hung out there often, so they were driven to the Memphis airport and boarded Presley's private jet, the Lisa Marie, and flew the two hours to Denver. When they arrived at Stapleton International Airport at 1:40 AM, the plane taxied to a special hangar where the passengers were greeted by Buck Scott, the owner of the Colorado Mine Company, and his wife Cindy who had brought 22 fresh Fool's Gold Loaves for the men. They spent two hours in the hangar eating the sandwiches, washing them down with Perrier and champagne.Presley invited the pilots of the plane, Milo High and Elwood Davis, to join them. When they were done, they flew back to Memphis without ever having left the Denver airport.

I want one of them sammies. Heck even toss of some sliced bananas for me please.

Guess I'd better. Would have bacon, peanut butter, and jelly on hand anyway for other stuff already anyhow. And if I was going to do a munchie centric spot in Vegas, the Elvis impersonator capitol of the world, I'd better have the sandwich from one of the greatest munchie stories ever on the menu, I guess. :baked:

From Wikipedia:

Hmm if I can make it to Vegas and flash my AFN badge can I get a free sandwich :eyebrows: only kidding but best of luck to your munchie centric deli spot when you open it.

This last week has been hectic and haven't been around as much as I'd like. Hopefully soon we'll be done and I can get back to setting up the tent for next run.

I am doing the same now. Just getting the lights checked, cleaning up, and headed to grow store to get last couple things I need before I start next week or the week after depending on weather. I don't want to fight the heat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back