Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're talking about the work life balance, 2009 i had a burn out and couldn't work for months, after that i sarted much less work and more quality life to live and it works, take your time as you need and feel, but at Spannabis next year i want you in.

:pass:
Sure thing buddy, a good reason to make some cheddar and have some fun!
I need to sort out a passport too,so I'm gonna go look see what I need to do to get one.
I've not travelled much and last time I was abroad, was in The Nederlands in about 1993, so it is probably time I got out of the UK again.
I would like to move to Northern Spain (Espana Verde or in English Green Spain) one day, so I may plan to go to Spannabis and afterwards have a look round the North, Vasque, Cantabria , Asturias & Galicia and may be I'll go all the way to Cape Finisterre (The End of the World - named as such by the Romans).
Of course I'd like to see the whole of Catalonia as well, with their relaxed views on growing & smoking weed.It would be great to see but there is so much to see in northern Spain but so little time to do it, oh well I guess I will have to go again & again, until I eventually find my new home.

Finisterre on the Atlantic coast of Galicia
Location Galicia,
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
Coordinates
17px-WMA_button2b.png
42°52′57″N9°16′20″WCoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
42°52′57″N 9°16′20″W Offshore water bodies Atlantic Ocean Cape Finisterre

Green Spain
598px-Green_Spain_WV_map_PNG.png

Why is it called Green spain?

It is because the prevailing winds are Westerlies coming in from the Atlantic.
These winds are laden with moisture, then hit the North coast of Spain.
Spain if a fairly mountainous place and the mountains often rise up right on the coast.
As the moisture laden clouds meet the mountains and have to rise to go over them,this cools the air and the moisture starts to condensate and the moisture then falls as precipitation (rain) on the Northern Slopes of the mountain on the southern side of the mountains, it is a much drier and dusty place because the rain had already fallen on the Northern side of the mountains.
This effect is called a rain shadow, where rainfall is mostly on one side of a mountain range and the other side is mostly dry etc.
The climate is virtually the same as Southern UK, this is in part because of Gulf Stream.
The Gulf Stream warms the UK by on average 10 C warmer than that of Moscow , which is on the same Latitude as London.
The Jet stream also can bring warm weather to the UK but at times it can also bring down cold fronts from the north.
The UK also has a maritime climate (look on a map there are not lot of maritime climates in the World but Northern Spain has a maritime climate as does the UK, France and Germany etc).
Koppen_classification_worldmap_CfbCfc.png

Maritime climate map, Europe has a fair whack of the World's maritime climate and that's the climate I like!

Seeing as the gulf stream misses the spanish coast, they do not benefit from the extra warmth that benefits the UK.
So the North of spain is the same climate as the south of the UK, has lots of mountains, lots of water, cheap run down fincas (farms) and it is breathtakingly beautiful.

Northern spain weather comparison 2018-08-08_16-14-09.jpg

Hereis snapshot of today's weather and just look how similar the temps are in Northern Spain and Southern UK are! Most people think of spain as a hot dry country with lots of holiday resorts often frequented by Brits & Germans. The North of Spain is also predominantly a Celtic region and has had trading links with the UK for many centuries!

Not many people think of spain having snow but in the North it has a good whack of snow in the winter.
Just check this out, this was taken in Cantabria.
_80802553_db7f9057-0de7-4dce-b5b2-d5b307eb557d.jpg

Green spain is good value for land and houses due the fact the Spanish people aren't overly fond of the cool wet climate, which is perfect for me.
In Spain there are over 1000 villages which have been abandoned.
After the fall of Franco (the dictator) many spanish people moved to the cities to find work, leaving behind their villages and the peasant life, in search of gainful employment and wealth.
Then due to high levels of unemployment many Spanish people went to other EU countries to try and earn a crust there!
The net result is if you want to live up a mountain and aren't drawn by the big city lights etc and and you are happy to put up with life not being quite so convenient (no popping down to the local shop for a pint of milk) or having limited internet (maybe just satellite internet , which can be a little pricey and you may have to plan your downloads to run in the wee hours)!
Generally satellite internet is ok for web browsing and buying stuff, as it uses very little bandwidth.
You'll get an allowance of a certain amount of Mb's a day but they will also give you a decent chunk more between 12AM and 5AM (something like that) when you can have a higher download speed and a high amount of Mb's you can download, as the load on the satellite is greatly reduced when people go to bed.

What I meant to say is "Spannabis" sure thing, sounds good to me!
Seems I may have got carried away typing what's going through my head lol:crying::headbang::smoking:

Last edited:
Any SCROG fans in here? Working my first and I have to say it has been a learning experience. I’m loving what it’s doing so far. I think the combination of autocobs, autopots, and mega crop is a real winner for me. These pictures were taken under a normal florescent lamp.
460AE56D-209F-45C0-90F5-BE74FF33E985.jpeg
D145E781-9989-4A02-9CAE-8F44F2F50576.jpeg
A2DB0C08-BCBC-495C-8FBE-71E55A19F4A4.jpeg
830B333D-0B27-4AE4-B3FD-EE745F295802.jpeg

Hope everyone is doing good, it’s raining in uk after a long spell of desert sun.
Very good!!! :woohoo1::thumbsup::headbang::d5::smoking::biggrin::woohoo::cooldance::yay::hump::joy:
We are due a downpour in the next hours or so!
Outside it is 19 C to 20 C which is awesome, I've needing this cooler weather!!
My lounge is 26C and my cab is 25 C with all 3 SANlight S4W's on :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1:so I've got a cooler cab than lounge, i might just go sit in with the girls!
wp-1488827974656.gif
I'm soo looking forward to it raining and hopefully, with a little thunder and lighting to mix things up!
Ahhhh that cool fresh feeling after the rain and the world feels so good!

Cheese is on day 70 from germination. Looks like the uptake of nutrient solution has nearly halved in the past few days. Think that's a sign that we're near the end. Gonna cut out a few samples for the microscope and check the trichs later.

Rough estimate is probably 2oz dry as it is now. Buds don't look to be getting any larger either. I'll get some pics tonight after my work day is over.

Sure thing buddy, a good reason to make some cheddar and have some fun!
I need to sort out a passport too,so I'm gonna go look see what I need to do to get one.
I've not travelled much and last time I was abroad, was in The Nederlands in about 1993, so it is probably time I got out of the UK again.
I would like to move to Northern Spain (Espana Verde or in English Green Spain) one day, so I may plan to go to Spannabis and afterwards have a look round the North, Vasque, Cantabria , Asturias & Galicia and may be I'll go all the way to Cape Finisterre (The End of the World - named as such by the Romans).
Of course I'd like to see the whole of Catalonia as well, with their relaxed views on growing & smoking weed.It would be great to see but there is so much to see in northern Spain but so little time to do it, oh well I guess I will have to go again & again, until I eventually find my new home.

Finisterre on the Atlantic coast of Galicia
Location Galicia,
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
Coordinates
17px-WMA_button2b.png
42°52′57″N9°16′20″WCoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
42°52′57″N 9°16′20″W Offshore water bodies Atlantic Ocean Cape Finisterre

Green Spain
598px-Green_Spain_WV_map_PNG.png

Why is it called Green spain?

It is because the prevailing winds are Westerlies coming in from the Atlantic.
These winds are laden with moisture, then hit the North coast of Spain.
Spain if a fairly mountainous place and the mountains often rise up right on the coast.
As the moisture laden clouds meet the mountains and have to rise to go over them,this cools the air and the moisture starts to condensate and the moisture then falls as precipitation (rain) on the Northern Slopes of the mountain on the southern side of the mountains, it is a much drier and dusty place because the rain had already fallen on the Northern side of the mountains.
This effect is called a rain shadow, where rainfall is mostly on one side of a mountain range and the other side is mostly dry etc.
The climate is virtually the same as Southern UK, this is in part because of Gulf Stream.
The Gulf Stream warms the UK by on average 10 C warmer than that of Moscow , which is on the same Latitude as London.
The Jet stream also can bring warm weather to the UK but at times it can also bring down cold fronts from the north.
The UK also has a maritime climate (look on a map there are not lot of maritime climates in the World but Northern Spain has a maritime climate as does the UK, France and Germany etc).
Koppen_classification_worldmap_CfbCfc.png

Maritime climate map, Europe has a fair whack of the World's maritime climate and that's the climate I like!

Seeing as the gulf stream misses the spanish coast, they do not benefit from the extra warmth that benefits the UK.
So the North of spain is the same climate as the south of the UK, has lots of mountains, lots of water, cheap run down fincas (farms) and it is breathtakingly beautiful.

View attachment 939359
Hereis snapshot of today's weather and just look how similar the temps are in Northern Spain and Southern UK are! Most people think of spain as a hot dry country with lots of holiday resorts often frequented by Brits & Germans. The North of Spain is also predominantly a Celtic region and has had trading links with the UK for many centuries!

Not many people think of spain having snow but in the North it has a good whack of snow in the winter.
Just check this out, this was taken in Cantabria.
_80802553_db7f9057-0de7-4dce-b5b2-d5b307eb557d.jpg

Green spain is good value for land and houses due the fact the Spanish people aren't overly fond of the cool wet climate, which is perfect for me.
In Spain there are over 1000 villages which have been abandoned.
After the fall of Franco (the dictator) many spanish people moved to the cities to find work, leaving behind their villages and the peasant life, in search of gainful employment and wealth.
Then due to high levels of unemployment many Spanish people went to other EU countries to try and earn a crust there!
The net result is if you want to live up a mountain and aren't drawn by the big city lights etc and and you are happy to put up with life not being quite so convenient (no popping down to the local shop for a pint of milk) or having limited internet (maybe just satellite internet , which can be a little pricey and you may have to plan your downloads to run in the wee hours)!
Generally satellite internet is ok for web browsing and buying stuff, as it uses very little bandwidth.
You'll get an allowance of a certain amount of Mb's a day but they will also give you a decent chunk more between 12AM and 5AM (something like that) when you can have a higher download speed and a high amount of Mb's you can download, as the load on the satellite is greatly reduced when people go to bed.

What I meant to say is "Spannabis" sure thing, sounds good to me!
Seems I may have got carried away typing what's going through my head lol:crying::headbang::smoking:

Man Arty, passing the :pass:

Are you surprised if i tell you that i really was thinking about moving to Spain since this winter, i'm so bored of beeing illegal included with all that stress?
I wished i could do just my thing and in that climate at green spain outdoor cultivation would be a dream! Let's see how things move in future and what happens next, have a great one!:bighug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back