Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking up some dinner, nothing like fritters out of fresh pickings from the garden. And dahlias flank the corners of the walkway, so there are always fresh flowers on the counter. Will be planting many more bulbs to bring much more color next year, the pollinators love them, I get buzzed by hummingbirds daily. And they seem to love the Alaska Fish like the pumpkin does, with lots more flowers to come!
IMG_2222.JPG

The picture does it no justice, but it went from about 35lbs on Tuesday to 50ish today, maybe more, I stopped picking it up to guess, and only will one more time to put a mat under it. I am hoping for 300lbs or better. There are quite a few more pumpkins on the vine as well, maybe 12 total, some will be culled.
IMG_2220.JPG

Over did the raised beds this year, this one is two tomatillos bushes, an Italian sweet pepper, a Thunderbolt sweet pepper, and a Poblano. The pumpkin is growing up and through the fence into the back right tomatillo. I will have to cull the pumpkins growing on the fencing, it won't handle their weight. Concrete reinforcement all the way next time, for trellising melons and pumpkins at least.
IMG_2217.JPG

Eggplants are getting chewed on by the damn squash bettles, otherwise they are loving the heat and have put out some delicious fruits so far. And a jalapeño shrub. Should have done the previous bed like this one, a little less chaos!
IMG_2219.JPG

Last edited:
@912GreenSkell. :pass:

With such small a space, supplementing my jars with dispensary bags has been my only way to get variety.

After following along @Maria Sanchez recent micro and looking back at your threads has inspired me to bite the bullet and try a multi strain grow.
I have four insta-transplant cups destined for one gallon pots. I don't think I will willfully try to stunt them tho :crying:.

I decided that in addition to the long planned IP CBD, I will try to improve my Blue Cheese results with the last 2 seeds and polish off the final LSD25 so I can move on to others next time.

I took breeder listed heights and times into consideration, so hopefully the plants are similar enough that with a little training I can make them work.

You like the sound of - I’m growing it loL,

Thanks for letting me know, Melt. I actually had read about it but I am not quite after a citrus sensation but rather a piney-berry scallion kind of purps.

Hope that made some sense, every time GDP comes around I am blown away, this time is no exception so I may be rapidly losing intelligibility.

:confused1:at least that is what I think I am trying to say....
:crying:

Last edited:
Long after our burbs filled up with skyscrapers, a yard like yours is enviable! And Delicious!

It's unfortunate people have encroached so much and made a nice yard a rarity for some to see. Mine is a sea of dead grass and landscaping cloth that never got covered with bark dust. It's not that pretty outside of my expanding edible oasis. I will hopefully trellis some kiwi's next spring and plant more fruit trees, elderberry shrubs grown into a hedge row in one area for a secluded blueberry patch.

I would do anything to have the resources to build gardens for everyone. It's so easy and so fun and definitely delicious. Or a network of vacant lots urban gardens that solely produced food for people who are on public assistance, homeless, mental problems, elderly, the list goes on. Would be fun to network with people around the world and make it a movement. There are plenty of unemployed people out there who could at least take home food in exchange for some hard work everyday.

Good Morning [HASHTAG]#livestoners[/HASHTAG] :bighug:sharing one...

I wasted a whole day yesterday....and smoked me best stash coz the world was supposed to end.............:shrug:..and it didn't.......

I Wonder if I can sue..........:smoker:

@Grunt's Garden :bravo:..I Love seeing a Well Trained garden....

I would do anything to have the resources to build gardens for everyone. It's so easy and so fun and definitely delicious. Or a network of vacant lots urban gardens that solely produced food for people who are on public assistance, homeless, mental problems, elderly, the list goes on. Would be fun to network with people around the world and make it a movement. There are plenty of unemployed people out there who could at least take home food in exchange for some hard work everyday.

You and me too...:headbang:..lots of houses here have a central park.....ours is filled with pine trees and agave......:shrug:...IMO it should be filled with citrus and herbs that everyone can use..replace the agave with aloe vera.....and not to mention cannabis plants....such a Waste ....:headbang:

The picture does it no justice, but it went from about 35lbs on Tuesday to 50ish today, maybe more, I stopped picking it up to guess, and only will one more time to put a mat under it. I am hoping for 300lbs or better. There are quite a few more pumpkins on the vine as well, maybe 12 total, some will be culled.

300 lbs...hmmm...that is You out of the pumpkin growing competition then..........................:crying:

When you cull...do you remove the pumpkin and leave the leaves...or do you nip out the tip of the tendril....?
I'm Learning....:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back