Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that my friend, I use truncheon, so I need to do a conversion with the chart but at least I'll be dosing them right!!
Edit: I have just got my truncheon out and it has CF, EC, 500 scale (Hanna) & 700 scale (Truncheon) which is pretty cool as long as you know which scale your needing to read.

When quoting PPM's in feed schedule it is alway important to state the scale you use.

Pop22 uses 650 ppm in the hanna (500 scale) and I use truncheon (700 scale)
I wanted to use pop22's feeding schedule for Greenleaf "Megacrop" which pop22 adds at 650 ppm on the hanna scale (500 scale).
Although my truncheon actually shows all the scales on it, without knowing which scale pop22 was using I would have been lost to which scale I was measuring against
650 ppm on the hanna scale, is 910 ppm on the truncheon scale it is.

If I hadn't checked I would have been grossly under feeding my plants.
Pop22 grows some fantastic plants and he knows a thing or two about growing great plants with his own feed schedules, so i wanted to follow his feed schedule and following it as closely as possible and that meant getting my nutrient dialled in to the exact strength pop22 is using.

Greenleaf Megacrop - Pop22 uses it at about 14 days. He put them on 650ppms +/- 50ppm (Hanna/500scale). @ About 1.5 tablespoons per gallon. I then he PH's to 6.5 for both soil and coco. Works like a charm! Nothing added.
I will convert pop22's 650 ppm's in to the other scales to make it easy for others who want to use his feed schedule but have a different test meter (ie one that isn't the Hanna 500 scale)
650 on the Hanna 500 scale is equivalent to -
  • 650 ppm Hanna - 500 scale
  • 650 ppm TDS - 500 scale (Total Dissolved Salts)
  • 832 ppm Eutech - 640 scale
  • 910 ppm Truncheon - 700 scale
  • 13 CF - (Conductivity Factor)
  • 1.3 EC - (Electrical Conductivity)
I will be following that method and I'm sure I'm gonna get some great plants by following his feed schedule.
ppmChart-med.jpg

Last edited:
I am hard to please:coffee2: had another look at the glass dynavap,its nice i like it,but the for plastic mouthpiece.
:pighug:

Good afternoon Archie :pass:
you can replace the the inner glass tube with a titanium one which has a wooden mouthpiece.
vapcap-second-shot.jpg

Alternatively you can buy silicone tips for vape pens, instead of that plastic tip.
upload_2018-7-23_14-7-51.jpeg

Afternoon everyone! :bighug:Hope your Monday's going well!
Any UK growers having heat problems or having amazing success with outdoor grows in the UK, I would love to hear how you deal with your high temps:fire: or see some amazing beauties under Mr. Solarface :cools:
Grow tents are in my bedroom. 1 cob in a 12/12 tent and 4 cobs plus a 45w LED in a bigger tent. 29C in the big tent, 30+ in the room. I've just cut 2 hours off the lights, down to 18/6 to see if it helps. The tent's fine, it's the people that are cooking!

A weather station near me has measured 35C this afternoon... 15th July was hotter at 36.4C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back