Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning AFN...got called into work, told them I could only do half a day. I love how young people lack the responsibility to come in one their scheduled work day. I was taught to be be hard working person if you want to make headway in life. Meh, we live in a different time *sigh*

In other news, the reason I only wanted to work half a day , is that I got to get some soil and posts ready. Fastbuds has given me the opportunity to grow their unreleased strain "LA". and they threw in a few extra beans of C4 !! I believe @Unique is the only one currently test growing the "LA" ..I maybe wrong.
Seeds arrived a few days ago, will take pics, and of course a journal. EXCITED!!!!

Good morning AFN...got called into work, told them I could only do half a day. I love how young people lack the responsibility to come in one their scheduled work day. I was taught to be be hard working person if you want to make headway in life. Meh, we live in a different time *sigh*

In other news, the reason I only wanted to work half a day , is that I got to get some soil and posts ready. Fastbuds has given me the opportunity to grow their unreleased strain "LA". and they threw in a few extra beans of C4 !! I believe @Unique is the only one currently test growing the "LA" ..I maybe wrong.
Seeds arrived a few days ago, will take pics, and of course a journal. EXCITED!!!!
Oh sweet, Nice to see someone else running this strain also! I hope you tag me in, I'd like to see how ours both come out.:thumbsup::d5::smokeout::pass:

2002T_P.jpeg

Comes with plug lots of colours ,,lots of wattages. 2years building merchants guarantee

Now I need someone to explain to me as if I was :shrug:errrmmm :vibe: :coffee2: :paleo:

So why are driverless cobs a bad idea ,,

As an electrickeryician, I don't trust them due to dodgy electronics and the fact that you not only have to get rid of the heat from the cob but also the heat from the electronics that convert the mains voltage to a form the cob needs.

IF you're lucky, when something fails it will fail "open circuit" so the mains voltage cannot go in at all. If it doesn't, then there's an almighty bang and the potential for fire due to the level of current suddenly flowing causing the sort of heat which will go beyond merely melting plastic. If the cooling fails, you have the same "KABOOM" as components go above their maximum operating temperature and fail spectacularly.

They may be cheap, but there's a reason for that, and something originally designed to be housed in a BFO metal box for intermittent outdoor use, where ambient temperatures are lower so heat dissipation is easier is, imo, not a good thing for running constantly for hours at a time where the ambient is higher than in your back yard at 11pm.

That's the main reason I would always go for a decent cob and "remote", separate, driver so you're keeping the heat sources separate, the heat from the cob cannot affect an external driver, cooling is easier and the risk of something going badly wrong is reduced.

And if you want an idea of how big a "boom" we're looking at, I've seen the joys of some fool not RTFI and putting 230vac into a 24vdc LED light. The explosion was hard enough to break 4mm thick glass. By any standard, that's one hell of an amount of energy let loose in a couple of milliseconds. You want to have your head under that sort of explosion, with bits of melted plastic and aluminium flying everywhere, that's your choice.

Glad I'm not alone, but I feel your frustration. Recently did a nine day stretch of twelve hour shifts with a sixteen thrown in the middle for good measure. For the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back