Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of butter!

Yeah I've learned my lesson but... The high was the most incredible I've ever had until 45 minutes in I just kept soaring and spinning. I went to lay down and slept like a rock for six hours. I'm thinking edible brownies would work with the potency of the butter I don't want to waste it.

Hey Stoners

I have a tiny 2x2 foot tent that is a little over 5 feet tall. I am itching to ditch it and just convert the 30x40 inch closet and have about 8 feet of height. With that much space, 3 or 4 full sized plants would be plenty for me.

I don't do much handiwork, and there are limits to what I can do because of strata rules etc. Odor control is of upmost importance, and I want total darkness possible for photo seeds I have. It would also be great if I could get rid of the noisy can-fan.

I'd love to hear how anyone has converted closets, so I can start planning this out.

Supper's ready, be back soon :)

Hey Stoners

I have a tiny 2x2 foot tent that is a little over 5 feet tall. I am itching to ditch it and just convert the 30x40 inch closet and have about 8 feet of height. With that much space, 3 or 4 full sized plants would be plenty for me.

I don't do much handiwork, and there are limits to what I can do because of strata rules etc. Odor control is of upmost importance, and I want total darkness possible for photo seeds I have. It would also be great if I could get rid of the noisy can-fan.

I'd love to hear how anyone has converted closets, so I can start planning this out.

Air circulation and exhaust is big your big factor. You need fresh air coming in and you need it to get out. 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter should be enough. But, you need fresh air in. keeping door open isnt going to be an option,. Need to find a way to get fresh air in, maybe need to cut hole some where to let air in or another fan sucking fresh in . You will need to find how to get air out. Mine , I cut a hole in ceiling and goes into my attic straight to an attic cooling fan.

Total darkness should be fairly easy, draught-proofing door seals should do the job on that side and since they just stick on with double sided tape that's easy enough. Then take a load of silicone to every bit where closet sides join together and where they meet the top and floor. Use fungicidal silicone, for obvious reasons.

Ventilation/odour control is more fun because you will need to be a bit "handier" as you'll need to cut the right size of hole out for the intake and exhaust. For intake, you can raise the "floor" of the closet a few inches and put a grille at the back so light has to make a 90° bend to get in, which is something light doesn't like doing. Or, for intake, you'll need to cut out a hole in the side but, again, you'll want to have a short piece of ducting with a 90° bend to keep the light at bay, think of a 6" drainage pipe bend, pointing DOWNWARDS on the outside . The same can be achieved with a row of smaller, say 1", holes with a standard cable conduit bend pushed in and pointing DOWNWARDS on the outside and then siliconed to seal around them. If having any sort of pipe showing on the outside is not an option then make sure the bend does not point upwards on the inside, always down or, worst case, sideways. Black plastic pipe is your best bet there, as black means all light is absorbed by the material so none will be reflected into the closet.

The fun one is the fan, you'll maybe need another one and, ideally, fixed to anti-vibration mounts of some kind to absorb the vibration that causes noise. Plastic ducting will absorb noise better than metal ducting, smooth rigid ducting is better than flexi, or you can wrap some rockwool around the ducting, and even your old fan, and that'll help deafen the sound of air flowing through the ducting as well as the noise from the fan. Every hole you make for power cables will have to be sealed as well, silicone is your friend there again.

Hey Stoners

I have a 44 x 44 closet I made into a grow space I agree with @Padawan1972 on air movement I have a 6" exhaust fan so it can be done

Top of the evening this is a nice CLDC by MEPHISTO top
IMG_20181010_211106.jpg

Hey Stoners

@VitaMan here is an idea. Assumption is the door opens out of the closet. Most doorways are 6' 6" x 2' 6" cut the tent you have so you have the zippered door and a vent hole for electric cords etc. plus enough on the sides to attach it to the door frame inside the closet with some firing. At the top and bottom of the doorway use some 1/4" plywood to close the remaining space not closed by the old tent. Locate your can/fan inside blowing out the top; There is probably a shelf already in place to hold it. Build a shadow box on the bottom inside of the closet for the air inlet The idea here is if needed you can cut the power to the grow room and close the closet door hiding all. If this closet is in your bedroom put a silencer on the fan outlet but still inside the closet. There will be no damage to the building aside from a few screw holes inside the closet door frame easily filled with wood putty should the need arise. Minimal tools needed to do this: drill driver, jig saw, scissors and duct tape. Where ever you get the plywood they can cut it to size for you. You will need to be able to vent the room that the exhaust is blowing into - open a window?

@Padawan1972; @Banjacked; @Dabber

Wow, this is great information! Thanks guys! :smokeout:

I don't think I can cut into ceilings and walls, but I can cut into closet doors.

Even while I have a tent, I am switching to hard ducting for noise control. The sound makes me almost as nervous as smells. Anything I buy now will be used later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back