Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip, thats why i wrote that two of the hc4's would equal 400w, the same as the hps that is referenced, and the two of them combined would give out less light than the hps!
Again this just shows the variables between lights of the same power usage.
The link you posted shows the difference between two specific products so cant realy be used to answer such a generalized question.
Air cooled reflectors deal with most heat issues nowadays, granted the heat produced is just wasted energy but grow area temperatures due to lights are almost a thing of the past regardless of which lighting option you chose!
So in conclusion the question is almost unanswerable unless you are talking about two specific products.✌

Which is why I asked him what he thought an "average" DIY cob build would be!!

Christ, this is like pulling teeth. We KNOW that assorted premade LED lights have such a variance in capabilities it is beyond belief, but this was a question over a traditional HPS vs COB when the "person concerned" could not even define what he meant by an "average" COB build.

Now, as stated, an HPS with a MAGNETIC ballast, not ELECTRONIC, produces circa 0.9 µmol/w which is less than the HC4.

With me so far? Good.

Then an ACTUAL comparison, and you can read exactly what they used, proved that similar wattage over a defined coverage gave a 131% increase in µmol/w when wattage and actual footprint was equal when using CObs. That one does not need Einstein to figure out, does it.

But, like the previous person, you are ignoring the VERY important link that gives you the factual data showing the difference and are quibbling over minor details which ignore the bottom line of the "other person's" declared definition regarding µmol/w and how even the HC4 produces MORE µmol/w when compared to an HPS with a magnetic ballast.

Now, and I'm sorry for the language used, if fuckwits cannot even define the parameters they want to use for comparison, even when asked to do so, then you will get multiple examples regarding the one, dodgy, figure he used.

The data is clear, it has been explained, and, once more, if you think that LED is somehow less efficient than HID despite so much less energy being converted to pure heat I would like to see the REAL data proving that, for I have provided a clear example of how, watt for watt, COB's can produce 131% more µmol/w, which was the figure he wanted.

You want to prove that wrong, be my guest.

Hey folks. How's it going?
I'm gonna be hopping into my yearly growing hiatus in a few weeks, Once everything in my tent is chopped.
Getting to that time of year where the anti-420 family members will be here non stop.

If you have a light and you shine it onto a ganja plant and you end up with good buds then you have a good light lol! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even when it's a 9.8m of SMD 5730 on a plate and cost under €30 with power supply. Find me a HID running at circa 140w that can do that.

Meanwhile, I have more important things to do. I need to crack the guts out of an original PS1 that cost me 24 bucks with 4 games, then I have to start downloading things and burning the disks.

If I can remember how to burn a disc, I ain't done that is "ahem" years...

Ow ow ow!!! What's your first impression before chop? You dig the smell and density? Trich coverage? I always get the fall colors! Yours did too! Here's mine that just came down...

Excellent trich coverage. Smell has been strong kush dominant up until this week...now i notice a hint of some fruit, but still kush dominant. Smoked some early from last week(found a spot of mold on a lower branch so i chopped it and salvaged). Very strong high for sure! Looking forward to the end result....damn i wish it preflowered 2 weeks earlier and it would be on my absolutely grow again list. It "might" be regrown next year.
Density is good....this year has been relatively poor for overall density. Back to green planet nutes next season.

Which is why I asked him what he thought an "average" DIY cob build would be!!

Christ, this is like pulling teeth. We KNOW that assorted premade LED lights have such a variance in capabilities it is beyond belief, but this was a question over a traditional HPS vs COB when the "person concerned" could not even define what he meant by an "average" COB build.

Now, as stated, an HPS with a MAGNETIC ballast, not ELECTRONIC, produces circa 0.9 µmol/w which is less than the HC4.

With me so far? Good.

Then an ACTUAL comparison, and you can read exactly what they used, proved that similar wattage over a defined coverage gave a 131% increase in µmol/w when wattage and actual footprint was equal when using CObs. That one does not need Einstein to figure out, does it.

But, like the previous person, you are ignoring the VERY important link that gives you the factual data showing the difference and are quibbling over minor details which ignore the bottom line of the "other person's" declared definition regarding µmol/w and how even the HC4 produces MORE µmol/w when compared to an HPS with a magnetic ballast.

Now, and I'm sorry for the language used, if fuckwits cannot even define the parameters they want to use for comparison, even when asked to do so, then you will get multiple examples regarding the one, dodgy, figure he used.

The data is clear, it has been explained, and, once more, if you think that LED is somehow less efficient than HID despite so much less energy being converted to pure heat I would like to see the REAL data proving that, for I have provided a clear example of how, watt for watt, COB's can produce 131% more µmol/w, which was the figure he wanted.

You want to prove that wrong, be my guest.
But wot if you ad a light wiv sky-hooks, carbon twin-cam ooh ah ooh ah ųmols......and green power flim-flams?

Evening all!
Found these today nw england ha ha anyone tell me what they are??
20181006_163559.jpg
20181006_162300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back