Status
Not open for further replies.
The HC4 runs at 200w, not 400w as per the link showing the difference between 400w HPS and 400w LED Cob.

And, if you read back, I did ask for what he defined as an "average" cob build as the variations there are phenomenal. Note how he never answered that one.

So, when wattage is equal and coverage is equal, the link tells you that Cob is significantly more efficient insofar as producing light in the measurements he asked for, and since he couldn't define his own question he got answers that showed PRECISELY the difference when things are "equal" as far as wattage and area covered goes.

And he also confirmed things by pointing out how cob is better for indoors due to running cooler, as that does mean less energy is wasted in the form of heat.

It's not difficult.
Yip, thats why i wrote that two of the hc4's would equal 400w, the same as the hps that is referenced, and the two of them combined would give out less light than the hps!
Again this just shows the variables between lights of the same power usage.
The link you posted shows the difference between two specific products so cant realy be used to answer such a generalized question.
Air cooled reflectors deal with most heat issues nowadays, granted the heat produced is just wasted energy but grow area temperatures due to lights are almost a thing of the past regardless of which lighting option you chose!
So in conclusion the question is almost unanswerable unless you are talking about two specific products.✌

morning peeps :pass:a slight canna hangover :coffee2: but i think that was more the mornings fault than canna.
Vapo has tinternet :shrug:
saturday mornings need a lil funk

:pighug:

Afternoon @archie gemmill
Still on data bro unfortunatley......helmet head AND membrane removed from the breached Fugue Indica....woooot @hairyman it worked dude

If you have a light and you shine it onto a ganja plant and you end up with good buds then you have a good light lol! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess it must be working then :thumbsup:
IMAG0995.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back