Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am loving the autos so much at the moment that im not sure if I will run photos this year. I have so many autos i want to try, I'm loving how fast a turn around they have. I'm sure you cant go past the yeild of a photo but. I hope to plant 6 autos a month year round.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

You might remember this from one of my guides, but this is a thought i had after putting in some serious effort into autos outdoors

"Some last thoughts about auto growing in the great outdoors. At first I thought of autos as just a way to pull a little extra bud from some different varieties, you know a half ounce or whatever of some different smoke. As time and technique progressed, I have quickly realized that they are not just a way to meet production, but to exceed production compared to photoperiod strains in a much short timeframe(like harvesting in July and august). I have done the math, and using the same space as my average last season planting a ton of autos instead of few photos, the yield would greatly exceed in favour to the autos. Pulling 5oz on the average per auto in a 2.5' X 2.5' sized space is major yield compared to the size/yield ratio of the outdoor giants. I am not planning on ditching photoperiod plants, as the number of autos I would need to match the weight of 4 quality photos far exceeds the plant numbers I am willing to grow, but there is indeed strength in numbers!! I scoured my full sun garden this season, and I realized that even with 4 photoperiod plants(they get BIG if you have never read one of my journals or my monster training guide), I can fit as many as 9 autoflower plants that will be harvested before the photos get too big and need the space. Really its a perfect symbiotic relationship! Photos and autos are meant to grow together!"

You might remember this from one of my guides, but this is a thought i had after putting in some serious effort into autos outdoors

"Some last thoughts about auto growing in the great outdoors. At first I thought of autos as just a way to pull a little extra bud from some different varieties, you know a half ounce or whatever of some different smoke. As time and technique progressed, I have quickly realized that they are not just a way to meet production, but to exceed production compared to photoperiod strains in a much short timeframe(like harvesting in July and august). I have done the math, and using the same space as my average last season planting a ton of autos instead of few photos, the yield would greatly exceed in favour to the autos. Pulling 5oz on the average per auto in a 2.5' X 2.5' sized space is major yield compared to the size/yield ratio of the outdoor giants. I am not planning on ditching photoperiod plants, as the number of autos I would need to match the weight of 4 quality photos far exceeds the plant numbers I am willing to grow, but there is indeed strength in numbers!! I scoured my full sun garden this season, and I realized that even with 4 photoperiod plants(they get BIG if you have never read one of my journals or my monster training guide), I can fit as many as 9 autoflower plants that will be harvested before the photos get too big and need the space. Really its a perfect symbiotic relationship! Photos and autos are meant to grow together!"
Yeah I am sure once I get it dialed in that they will perform. Plus I like the idea of having a good variety of smoke on hand. I only have to get enough to keep myself in supply so I think autos are for me, although I would like to try and grow at least one monster just to see if i can! Are you running autos outside next season?

Yeah I am sure once I get it dialed in that they will perform. Plus I like the idea of having a good variety of smoke on hand. I only have to get enough to keep myself in supply so I think autos are for me, although I would like to try and grow at least one monster just to see if i can! Are you running autos outside next season?

Yes to autos next year....next season i will have my medical limi and my wifes rec limit, so for sure i am running 4 autos...will do a video segment on companion planting using autos and photos in the same hole to maximize seasonal production

Yes to autos next year....next season i will have my medical limi and my wifes rec limit, so for sure i am running 4 autos...will do a video segment on companion planting using autos and photos in the same hole to maximize seasonal production
Do you have planned autos for the next indoor grow?

Do you have planned autos for the next indoor grow?

Absolutely...full on autos in the new phase one planned space.....5'X5'X6'high to start single room, with a side room of 3X5X6'high for seedling and early veg. Goint to stay familiar with round 1....1.5 gallon pots with promix...megacrop with some additives and calmag for nutes. Got an 11 plant legal count indoors, so will make it a semi perpetual setup(likely 7 to start, then 4 more down the road)

Ahh planned strains, yes i have some plans for that too!!

As always (until they let me down) there is the must grow list
1 Citrus Noir Portal
2 Stone Dragon Portal
3 DP Auto night Queen

And then some others
4 Hmmmm planning on doing some testing...hoping hso is in the house! If so Blue dream Auto
5 DP Charlottes Angel CBD
6 Dinafem Dinamed CBD auto
7 Auto seeds or bom seeds test(assuming they are here in time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back