New Grower Conflicting Info......When is day 1????

Well it's a personal thing Gardener, so we can agree to disagree ...hahaha
But I am with Merlin on the choice of ultimate answer, Fantasy you the man on this one ...

I remember researching many diaries before my first grow and finding the length of grow often difficult to confirm. As a personal thing any way goes, but when sharing in my opinion other method makes no logical sense. Everyone grows differently.

I would say a grow took 85 days seed to harvest, the other way it's 78 (plus 1 in a glass of water, 2 in a dish cloth and 4 days underground) or 80 (plus 5 in the dirt), the brackets often left unsaid which I guess I find the issue. That breakdown could be of use, but for my future grows or when we're sharing how long a grow takes, I'm using the entire time I have to care for the plant.

Any other way is total madness! :baked::deadhorse:

I don't mind celebrating my birthday a little, but I'm not going near the day my parents screwed. I'll stick with when it breaks the soil. :biggrin:

Ha! Of course the plant also doesn't know when the seed went into the earth, but the gardener does.

Completely agree, for me day 1 is breakage day.... Simply because whatever moves you make before breakage can be done outside/away from the grow room and thus any plants only enters my grow planning at this point in time.

WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW BREEDERS ESTABLISH DAY 1...... @mephisto @FastBuds @DutchPassionTony @Sweet Seeds Jay can you guys please enlighten us about when you start counting...... I mean, if it is the first true leaves in full glory, then it is only naturally normal that it takes a couple or 3 weeks longer to harvest than what the strain description boldly puts forward.......typically.......!
We consider day 1 from germination.

We consider day 1 from germination.

OK thanks, how do you germinate your seeds and from germination until they break ground say 2-4 days typically?

It actually means that the time to harvest would (typically) be shorter than your strain descriptions for the tribe(proud tribesman writing this.........Yo.........know the secret handshake, shoe lace knot and how to fart DAY 1 in morse code) that consider breaking ground as DAY 1........a couple of days or so at best, but every little creek is what makes a river.........!

My vote goes to the day it breaks soil, it is constant for everyone to compare, whatever your germination method is.

what he said1.jpg
.......how could it be otherwise
wondering.jpg

Back