New Grower Conflicting Info......When is day 1????

Here's the way I think of it.

Frank germinated in water and it breaks the surface 3 days later
Bill used the paper towel method and his broke surface 4 days later
Chris placed his directly in soil and it broke surface 5 days later

The reason why knowing this would matter would be for comparative, Feed schedule or journal.

There is one thing that is the same for everyone.... when it breaks the surface.

So that should be day one in my opinion.

What about the moment they all started their various processes by taking a dry bean out of the pack? They share that also.... Or harvest, they share that too.

Alternatively, start at the beginning.

Well it's a personal thing Gardener, so we can agree to disagree ...hahaha
But I am with Merlin on the choice of ultimate answer, Fantasy you the man on this one ...

Here's the way I think of it.

Frank germinated in water and it breaks the surface 3 days later
Bill used the paper towel method and his broke surface 4 days later
Chris placed his directly in soil and it broke surface 5 days later

The reason why knowing this would matter would be for comparative, Feed schedule or journal.

There is one thing that is the same for everyone.... when it breaks the surface.

So that should be day one in my opinion.

Completely agree, for me day 1 is breakage day.... Simply because whatever moves you make before breakage can be done outside/away from the grow room and thus any plants only enters my grow planning at this point in time.

WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW BREEDERS ESTABLISH DAY 1...... @mephisto @FastBuds @DutchPassionTony @Sweet Seeds Jay can you guys please enlighten us about when you start counting...... I mean, if it is the first true leaves in full glory, then it is only naturally normal that it takes a couple or 3 weeks longer to harvest than what the strain description boldly puts forward.......typically.......!

Completely agree, for me day 1 is breakage day.... Simply because whatever moves you make before breakage can be done outside/away from the grow room and thus any plants only enters my grow planning at this point in time.

WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW BREEDERS ESTABLISH DAY 1...... @mephisto @FastBuds @DutchPassionTony @Sweet Seeds Jay can you guys please enlighten us about when you start counting...... I mean, if it is the first true leaves in full glory, then it is only naturally normal that it takes a couple or 3 weeks longer to harvest than what the strain description boldly puts forward.......typically.......!

That's a good point. dude

I call day 1 the day I soak seed. It should be the day it breaks the soil though. We call our day 1 " your birth day" the day we are born not the day we were conceived and for feeding purposes it should be the day your seed breaks the soil not the day you soak it.

Exactly @Corgy
That was what started this whole question for me to begin w
Strain descriptions and whatnot
That being said
Like i stated before
The only difference will be a few weeks longer than description of the strain, but i still watch my plant moreso than anything when it comes to harvest time
I just keep track of days for comparison to other grows
But if were not on same baseling as far as day 1s
Then really it doesnt matter about comparisons
If that makes any sense
Im so glad i started this thread now
Hahahah

I mean if not for the comparison aspect of this site, and comradery , then wed all be considered egotistical dicks who only wanna show everyone else what we can do
Lmao

Hahaha
True
I believe that would be the case for everyone here my friend

Or atleast myself anyhow
Besides
Im way too inexpierienced growing autos to want anyone to see what i end up with
Hahah

Well, most of us grow for personal use and we try our best to come up with the most out of it ... I always seek someone that grows same plant and compare its look to mine on the same stage (day wise) of grow .... And as many of us here as many different ideas how to do things ....so cool

Back