coco Questions

Reaction score
My grow is doing very well but theres aton of stuff I dont know.
When I mix the food up i get a ph of 5.7 to 6.1. Is it worth the trouble to make the ph exactly 5.8? I tend to overshoot in both directions and it may take me a few goes to get right. Is it worth the effort? Im running to waste using Dutch Pro with fabric pots.
When and how to flush coco. If i begin the flush too early will i hold uo trichome aging and stop them turning Brown? I just feed water but i seem to be weeks early. Is there any rules of thumb on this i feel i wrecking the grow.
Can you really turn the lights down in late flower and not damage the yield. I grow in rotation with plants of all stages all the time. IM in a 4x4 with 2 150w lights and 2 100w lights. Can I take the oldest plant which is nearly 11 weeks old and put it under a 100w lamp. and take a nearlly 6week old plant and put it under a 150w lamp. will this do positive things?
And reguardless of strength how to judge the quality of weed? i want to grow high qualality bud I follow instructions but how is bud graded? how can i tell if my shit is good shit or garbage?
It takes me a long time to learn stuff by myself so anyone who knows anything on the above you could save me 5 years and tell me know. I am grateful. Cheers.

i use Dutchpro and run felt pots too....check my grows
1.. i fluctuate between 5.5-6.5 as some nutrients uptake at diff ph.
2.i dont flush coco, as that is broscience...i just taper off nutes accordingly
3. you can turn down for savings for electricity, i run mine 18/6 the whole time building up to the hlg's 650rs wattage i have
4. i take quality over quantity..right nute regimen, light schedule will make the difference
5....if your growing coco...goto...Coco For Cannabis website...you will up your game tremendously....
6..WOOF!

My grow is doing very well but theres aton of stuff I dont know.
When I mix the food up i get a ph of 5.7 to 6.1. Is it worth the trouble to make the ph exactly 5.8? I tend to overshoot in both directions and it may take me a few goes to get right. Is it worth the effort? Im running to waste using Dutch Pro with fabric pots.
When and how to flush coco. If i begin the flush too early will i hold uo trichome aging and stop them turning Brown? I just feed water but i seem to be weeks early. Is there any rules of thumb on this i feel i wrecking the grow.
Can you really turn the lights down in late flower and not damage the yield. I grow in rotation with plants of all stages all the time. IM in a 4x4 with 2 150w lights and 2 100w lights. Can I take the oldest plant which is nearly 11 weeks old and put it under a 100w lamp. and take a nearlly 6week old plant and put it under a 150w lamp. will this do positive things?
And reguardless of strength how to judge the quality of weed? i want to grow high qualality bud I follow instructions but how is bud graded? how can i tell if my shit is good shit or garbage?
It takes me a long time to learn stuff by myself so anyone who knows anything on the above you could save me 5 years and tell me know. I am grateful. Cheers.

I use a 6.0 pH in veg and increase to 6.3 in mid bloom.

Feed your plants until the leaves begin to naturally fade and die. You'll notice towards the end that the plants will drink less water as they get closer to finishing.

Adjust the height of the individual lights. They don't need much light in veg compared to flower. Follow your manufacturer ppfd charts for optimal hanging height or dimming.

Ideally, your manufacturer will have a PPFD chart that allows you calculate a rough DLI. Giving the correct levels of lighting will improve growth and overall yield.

High quality weed starts with high quality genetics. All things being equal in the grow and some with perfection, genetics are what matter the most. Best way to tell if it is good is if you like it and if others like it. Does it have good taste and smell? Does the high do what you want and last as long as you want?

3. you can turn down for savings for electricity, i run mine 18/6 the whole time building up to the hlg's 650rs wattage i have
4. i take quality over quantity..right nute regimen, light schedule will make the difference
5....if your growing coco...goto...Coco For Cannabis website...you will up your game tremendously....
6..WOOF!
:yeahthat:

If your nute mix is 5.7 and settles at 6.1, you're right we're you want to be and no need to chase 0.1 around. Only flush coco if you're dealing with a nutrient excess, feed until the end otherwise. And feed with every fertigation. The trichomes ripen on their own and cutting the food is just depriving the plant of making more at the end stages when you want it to finish strong. You can cut lights towards the end but I think that's a marginal thing that's more for power consumption for commercial grows. You can move the lights around for the younger plants but I would base it more on how much they're stretching. You can put stuff under the pots to raise the plants closer to the lights too... I gauge "quality" really on the high and the taste and smell mostly combined with opinions from friends

thank you,
6..WOOF!
woof woof

If your nute mix is 5.7 and settles at 6.1, you're right we're you want to be and no need to chase 0.1 around. Only flush coco if you're dealing with a nutrient excess, feed until the end otherwise. And feed with every fertigation. The trichomes ripen on their own and cutting the food is just depriving the plant of making more at the end stages when you want it to finish strong. You can cut lights towards the end but I think that's a marginal thing that's more for power consumption for commercial grows. You can move the lights around for the younger plants but I would base it more on how much they're stretching. You can put stuff under the pots to raise the plants closer to the lights too... I gauge "quality" really on the high and the taste and smell mostly combined with opinions from friends
I can understand all of that. very reassuring. THANK YOU.

Reactions: JP1
Back