Coast of Maine Raised Bed mix nutrients

Here in Va as well! Near Roanoke. You?
In a tiny yard in Richmond City. There will be no hiding the fact im growing 4 blueberry plants in my backyard ha. Made sure to makr a bed cover with a lock on it.

Problem that arose over night...spider mites? There are white spots on the top of the leaf that werent there at midnight. Is it too early for neem?

Attachments

• 20210730_084323.jpg
    20210730_084323.jpg
    843.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Problem that arose over night...spider mites? There are white spots on the top of the leaf that werent there at midnight. Is it too early for neem?
yeah, they do look like mites. If the plant is too young, just spray water and clear out all the mites and/or aphids. You could try using insecticidal soap too.

The guy from CoM is saying the Castine doesnt feed as long as the Stonington and to amend as if it was regular soil at the 4 week mark. But then again i realize he completely diregarded the fact im doing Autos because the schedule is for 14 weeks. Also, i dont understand how the Castine has lower density of nutrients when the percentages on the bag are higher? All kinds of confused.
The type of additions can be different with different holding strengths and still yield the same analysis.

I would use Spinosad.

Spinosad is fine for a seedling?
I've used the Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew spray with spinosad a few times from beginning to end, they say its easy on your plants, and I have seen no ill effects.

I've used the Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew spray with spinosad a few times from beginning to end, they say its easy on your plants, and I have seen no ill effects.
Sweet, thanks! I got the Monterey since I could find it quick and local. Do you just keep using it as a preventative measure or only as problems occur? Would it make sense to pick up neem treatments at all?

Sweet, thanks! I got the Monterey since I could find it quick and local. Do you just keep using it as a preventative measure or only as problems occur? Would it make sense to pick up neem treatments at all?
The spray bottle form is for immediate results, spray the whole plant to hopefully hit the bugs, and they are supposed to die within 48 hours, it dissipates away within 24hrs, so they recommend a treatment every "like" 7 days if I remember correctly. I myself did 3 treatments over 3 months, since I'm doing an indoor grow. I also bought the dust/powder version and dusted my soil on my plant that's on the patio. But I also had good results using mosquito dunks to kill the soil critters.
I went the spinosad route because there's supposedly no nasty after effect's compared to what I read about Neem Oil making buds taste bad. Plus spending 40+ years in a machine shop environment, I know that oil is a dirt magnet. I didnt want oily leaves or buds. Oil doe's not evaporate, it just basically dilutes over time from dirt collecting on top of it.

Last edited:
Back