Coast of Maine Raised Bed mix nutrients

Most moisture meters are worthless. You just need to be sure it never dries out or gets too soggy. Soggy is not a normal problem in a garden bed.

I don't know how I got thinking about a pot? You may not need to feed anything with that much soil. After this grow you can refresh your organic soil with a blend of this super soil concentrate that you make yourself.

View attachment 1349389View attachment 1349390
Haha yes moisture meters do suck, i dont know why im using it even. Its my first go around with weed but i do a lot of other gardening so I dont have a terrible eye for when plants need water. Im ovetthinking things i suppose.

I talked to someone with CoM and they advised to basically use the same Stonington grower mix schedule for the Castine raised bed. So their Stonington Fert in veg, then to fish bone for flower and a dressing of worm castings in each stage. Ill be returning the fox farm trio and use the CoM products.

I was wondering about the refresh so thanks for that too! I assumed that even with this organic approach ill still need to do a flush before harvest.

This from COM owner in reference to the stonington blend
Order these three. Blend the Quoddy and Bar Harbor 50/50with a tablespoon of the STPF. Top dress with the STPF every 30 days.
For germ to soil, I use a little of their starter mix in the hole but I screen out the perlite. I lost one cause it got stuck under a couple pieces of perlite
Ive already got the 10 cf of the Castine raised bed so not gonna change it out at this point ha. Maybe next year. I didnt have any luck with 8 seeds pregerming inside and then transplanting outside, following the rules to a T. Im in the southeast so its hot and humid as hell. I think they like to get battle heartened at birth. These guys went straight into the garden bed and seem to be right on track. I am regretting the perlite for sure! I think one of my first germs got stuck too.

Ive already got the 10 cf of the Castine raised bed so not gonna change it out at this point ha. Maybe next year. I didnt have any luck with 8 seeds pregerming inside and then transplanting outside, following the rules to a T. Im in the southeast so its hot and humid as hell. I think they like to get battle heartened at birth. These guys went straight into the garden bed and seem to be right on track. I am regretting the perlite for sure! I think one of my first germs got stuck too.
I'm in SE as well. If you amend your soil right, you shouldn't have to change it out.

I'm in SE as well. If you amend your soil right, you shouldn't have to change it out.
Oh nice. What state? Im in VA. Legalization got me into doing this. Whats your experience with indica strains in this climate outside, particularly ones that are started in probably the least hospitable months of July and August?

I was wondering about the refresh so thanks for that too! I assumed that even with this organic approach ill still need to do a flush before harvest.

There is no need to flush IMOPE.

But hold off nutes in the last week or so still?
I thought we already established that at 19 gallons per plant you would not need to feed - water only?

Oh nice. What state? Im in VA. Legalization got me into doing this. Whats your experience with indica strains in this climate outside, particularly ones that are started in probably the least hospitable months of July and August?

Here in Va as well! Near Roanoke. You?

I thought we already established that at 19 gallons per plant you would not need to feed - water only?
The guy from CoM is saying the Castine doesnt feed as long as the Stonington and to amend as if it was regular soil at the 4 week mark. But then again i realize he completely diregarded the fact im doing Autos because the schedule is for 14 weeks. Also, i dont understand how the Castine has lower density of nutrients when the percentages on the bag are higher? All kinds of confused.

Back