DIY Cleaning larger items with the bathroom sink

Saint Skinny

Red eyed, Smiley, Livin' life Irie!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Frankenberry
Hey all,
I just wanted to share my technique making it easier to wash your bigger items, especially if you live in a small space, as I do, this can make some things quite a bit easier. I came up with this solution after installing my RO unit under the sink, and hooking it up to the water line and drain.

Before installing the RO unit I used to use the bathroom faucet as the source when I was filtering water. All it took was a Faucet to Hose adapter (Figure A.) and a Garden Hose to John Guest adapter (Figure B.)

Figure A.) This is a fitting used to connect your sink threads to male garden hose threads"

Hosetofaucet.jpg

Figure B.) a John-Guest (aka Quick-Connect) to Fem. Garden Hose Adapter.
johnguestgh.jpg

After installing the unit under the sink, I didn't need these to filter water, But I knew they'd be good for something. Then one day I was going to fill a jug or bucket for something, and I saw the fittings sitting in the drawer, hooked 'em up, connected some tubing, and Viola! It made things so much easier! It's not a 'super brilliant, going to change your life' type of thing, but hopefully someone will find this useful for something! I find this alot easier than taking off the shower head and using that.

Back