DIY 3d printing as a necessary tool in the grow

This is a great topic! 3d print is pretty useful in a lot of cases, especially when you do not want or cant wait for things to get delivered for you.
At the beginning of my grow I designed and printed a holding base for an old S galaxy I had to use it as a cam.
Last week I got an oscilating fan that came with a horizontal clip. As I needed to place it in the corner poles, i modelled and printed a custom support for it. Will take pictures and post later

edit.: update with the photo. The fan support works great, the design on cellphone one could def be improved, it was quick and dirty lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_141521.jpg
    IMG_20210928_141521.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Thanks mate!! I knew I saw it somewhere!! Found them again :thumbsup:

Hi all. New member, been growing almost 2 years. I posted in another feed about hydrometer mason jar lids because of my recent purchase of a used 3d printer and the ability to print a similar part. Yeah I can cut into existing lids but sure that I would cut myself. Printing them is much safer and work very well.

After I purchased a used Ender 3, I went down a rabbit hole of all the types of parts and equipment you can make for very little cost. Here's a short list of either items I found free designs for, or that my bud designed and I printed:
  • Custom air vent port for sliding window (This alone would pay for the cost of the printer!)
  • LST training canes, supports, and clamps
  • Hydroponic/Airponic towers
  • Aerogarden parts and mods
  • Net pots
  • grow tent replacement connectors
  • Greenhouse plastic clips
  • and a lot more for dirt and hydro grows
I'm also nerding out heavy on organzational prints for the space. Pegboard is heavily supported with all sorts of custom files. If you or someone near you has an aptitude for it, you might consider getting a 3d printer. I'm not sure how we lived without one!

Who else here has a nerdy love for 3d printers? Have any discoveries or prints they want to share?
I dont have 1, but I'm becoming very interested in these. I have zero knowledge of them, recognize the potential they could have. I know they have some cheap 1s Amazon, how much will I need to spend on a 3d printer to make parts? I'm sure the cheap stuff on Amazon wont hack it lol.

I just have a Creality Ender 3 that is a couple of years old, I don't know what the current equivalent is now. it's definitely fun you do need to be a bit handy since nozzles get plugged and parts wear out or go loose, but nothing too complicated.

Mostly I have printed DnD miniatures and those alone have paid for the printer, but I have also done more practical things.

I’ll definitely take some lst stakes and lst stem benders also mostly the normal smaller ones but I’ll take some bigger bends if you also have. I sent you a pm

Back