VitaMan

Clean Glass + New Whip
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Island Sweet Skunk, Comatose, el Chapo, and others.
Has anyone here grown or interested in growing any high CBD strains?

I have found member reviews and reports really useful when I am strain shopping, and I want to explore Med-High CBD strains.

For simplicity and to aid our conversation, I would like to suggest that ratios are expressed THC:CBD and that we use the following scale:

-1% Low
1-5% Medium
5%+ High

Hey i grew the DP AWW CBD which is rated around 7% and is a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. Find it very effective for chronic pain in Green Dragon Tincture, and it doesn't mess me up intensely like tincture made from high thc(20%) pot

There are a lot more 1:1 and 1:2 strains than there used to be, and I have tried some of them. They were good for pain, but I have found better results when there is a bit more THC in the ratio.

In fact the most effective was in the vicinity of 17:7, close to 2.5:1 . Wish I could get seeds of that!

There are a lot more 1:1 and 1:2 strains than there used to be, and I have tried some of them. They were good for pain, but I have found better results when there is a bit more THC in the ratio.

In fact the most effective was in the vicinity of 17:7, close to 2.5:1 . Wish I could get seeds of that!

Lately I have been getting very high medically grown pot that is 17%cbd and 1% thc. I also made tincture out of high test varieties, so depending on the situation, I'll be able to mix ratios at different levels. I have just begun experimenting with different doses of each...will let you know what i find.
Instead of seeking certain ratios in a single strain, could you not just approach it like I am?

Hey i grew the DP AWW CBD which is rated around 7% and is a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. Find it very effective for chronic pain in Green Dragon Tincture, and it doesn't mess me up intensely like tincture made from high thc(20%) pot

Yeah- I've found the 1-1's missing something....but they were effective. Regardless of intoxication, I can't use when I work, but for other times I need to be more functional, they're great.

I figure if I grow one for every 2-3 I can use it as is or to bring up the CBD in whatever else I have.

Has anyone here grown or interested in growing any high CBD strains?

I have found member reviews and reports really useful when I am strain shopping, and I want to explore Med-High CBD strains.

For simplicity and to aid our conversation, I would like to suggest that ratios are expressed THC:CBD and that we use the following scale:

-1% Low
1-5% Medium
5%+ High
Hi VitaMan:

I have grown and use on a regular basis Dinafem Moby Dick CBD the ratio is 1:1 and the strength is ~20% based on my Canalytics test results. The real test is the pain relief I get without too much of a buzz. It is a balancing act to not over medicate at first and is the only strain I use when I must drive or function in the outside world. The Moby Dick CBD strain is mostly tropical sativa and grows really big and tall. I had to run the flower phase at 10/13 - day/night to get it to bloom.

I don't smoke anything since I am a reformed tobacco smoker (47 years clean) and find it very offensive. I have made oils, tinctures and other edibles but found them less effective than I was hoping. First It takes two or more hours to get relief when consumed. This is unacceptable when the pain flares up in my back and shoots down my legs like they are in a blast furnace full of flying pins and needles. I have solved this immediate need for relief by making rosin from the MD CBD, dilute it with EJmix and/or Puff Magic and/or pure terpenes then put in a vape cartridge and vaped. Relief is just minutes away with this method. The chocolate bars made with decarbed rosin are first class long term relief lasting up to 12 hours or more when consumed. So a one two punch - a couple of hits on the vape eat a piece of chocolate and pain is managed for most of the day.

I have been using cannabis for pain for about 2 years now. Something I have discovered through trial and error is that I must change up the strains I use as my body gets "use to" a strain repeated too many times in a row and becomes less effective. Throwing some different high THC strains in the mix, usually at bedtime resolves that problem. I don't really notice the high when I sleep. and the 1:1 does its work when I need it and to be active at the same time.

I highly recommend Dinafem Moby Dick CBD.

In a 3x3x5 foot tent she does not fit. DWC with Dyna-Gro nutrients and cheap chinese leds.

bigplant.jpg

Dinafem Moby Dick CBD the ratio is 1:1 and the strength is ~20%
I highly recommend...In a 3x3x5 foot tent she does not fit.

Thanks for your input!

20%? I thought it was much less. When I see 1:1 at 10-13% I am amazed.

Good to know how big she got, you have more than double the space I do.

Personally, I won't use cannabis and drive or work. I experimented with a 1:1 RSO sublingual, taken when I park near work. Nope, there was a buzz. A while back I tried vaping pure CBD isolate. Of course I didn't feel high, but it did affect my judgement somewhat.

Thanks for your input!

20%? I thought it was much less. When I see 1:1 at 10-13% I am amazed.

Good to know how big she got, you have more than double the space I do.

Personally, I won't use cannabis and drive or work. I experimented with a 1:1 RSO sublingual, taken when I park near work. Nope, there was a buzz. A while back I tried vaping pure CBD isolate. Of course I didn't feel high, but it did affect my judgement somewhat.

This is the thing about using cannabis as a medication - every person experiences the same strains and strengths differently. It took me quite a while to figure out dosing to be just below the buzz level and still get pain relief. I have been able to do that. I remain mentally sharp and function rather normally when I know in advance I have something to do. I have had to pass on things when too stoned to be safe.

RSO can be over 70% so maybe you could cut it with some VG to make dosing easier.

It takes time and listening to your own body not what the ml dose says.

Dinafem has a Moby Dick Auto that might be smaller? The %s might be a little lower?

Last edited:
There is plenty of CBD autos out there, within the next week in dropping these
Sweet Nurse by Sweet Seeds 1:1
Industrial Plant by Dinafem 1:1
Med 1.0 G.O.M by CBD Crew 1:1-2

I'm looking forward to seeing how they work, they will be used mainly for migraines, PMS pain, back pain and head aches.
I'd rather see myself and the Mrs. Vape 0.1g or less than pop pills or be couch locked from pain.

Back