Indoor Carbon filter question Phresh vs Mountain Air? Or?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Girl Scout Cookies
I heard a lot of good things about Phresh filters and better things about Mountain Air. My main concern is the flowering and harvest stage when the buds get really dank in most forums I see Ipower Vivosun and all the cheap china knockoffs don't cut it for the flowering period and some smell still passes through. I have heard as well that Mountain Air, Phresh and Can filters have 0 smell. Anyways I need advice from people who have actually used these brands.

I am using IPower and they work well for 2 grows then reverse the ends and get two more grows. Sometimes I think I catch a slight whiff of something outside (I vent to outdoors) but I am really trying to see if I can. It is legal to grow here but odor control is mandatory.

I heard a lot of good things about Phresh filters
I have been using Phresh filters and Vortex fans for a long time and am happy with their performance. Only time I get odor is when I am working in the tent. I usually turn on my air purifier to help with that odor.

I am using IPower and they work well for 2 grows then reverse the ends and get two more grows. Sometimes I think I catch a slight whiff of something outside (I vent to outdoors) but I am really trying to see if I can. It is legal to grow here but odor control is mandatory.

Thank you for the answer. :baked: It's not legal in my state so I need to get a filter that will last long and is reliable spending a few extra bucks is better than butt rape hehehe.... If it was legal I would probably grow it outside my window and trim while having a barbecue and some beers outside. :rofl:

I have been using Phresh filters and Vortex fans for a long time and am happy with their performance. Only time I get odor is when I am working in the tent. I usually turn on my air purifier to help with that odor.

How long does Phresh last? How big is the tent? What type of air purifier? Ozone generator ionizer? Do you keep the door of the tent open when working or are you able to fit inside? What procedures do you use to lessen the smell during trimming this is my main concern, my plan is to get a 4 x 8 and just grow on one side so I have space on the other side to trim or do other stuff and maybe enough space to go inside so no smells would escape.

How long does Phresh last?
Near two years, however, I change at the two year mark anyway.
How big is the tent?
My current tent is a 4x4. Usually unzipped a little to a lot while working.
What type of air purifier?
Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer. It's certainly cheaper than the one I use in my bedroom.
What procedures do you use to lessen the smell during trimming
As I mentioned, the door to grow room stays closed until the air purifier does it's thing. Windows are open during that time period. Also I utilize a hand crank bud trimmer. So very much faster than by hand.

Thanks for the answer... I can't open the windows though because I live in a crowded area the neighbors are close... Not an apartment but if I try really hard and spit out the window it can hit people lol :nono::yoinks:

As I mentioned, the door to grow room stays closed until the air purifier does it's thing. Windows are open during that time period. Also I utilize a hand crank bud trimmer. So very much faster than by hand.

I heard all the trichomes stick to the grills and affects potency?

I heard all the trichomes stick to the grills and affects potency?
Of course some Trichomes stick, however, I've never had a problem with potency and I am on my second trimmer. I've been using them for quite a long while.

Of course some Trichomes stick, however, I've never had a problem with potency and I am on my second trimmer. I've been using them for quite a long while.

Great been watching a couple of videos on trimmers today. I guess it's ok and will save a lot of time for the monster yielders. Do you have a way to take the resin from it and turn it into hash or edibles?

Back