Outdoor Captcold's Blue AK-47 Photo Grow 2018

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Early Miss, Thai
Hi-didlee-ho AFN neighbours.

Last few seasons, I've grown out a combo of autos and photos under the big bulb in the sky. Given we're heading right into the beautiful time of the year when our verdant spiral begins another cycle, I'm going to do it again.

This year, the photoperiods are going to be Blue-AK47's from Jordan of the Islands. They've got an early start, promise to be mold resistant (please), and are going into the ground in a few short weeks.

The beans were sprouted a week ago, and the 'lil darlings are doing what mother nature intended. Far slower growing than the Mephisto Autos I got going a week before that. But, they've got time on their side, and I suspect the results will be a good yield in the fall. Here's hoping for tons 'o sun, even moisture, and some good genetics. Come along and find some casual smoke session reading posted weekly over the next 6 months....gunning for an pound/plant this year.....

IMG_20180416_154238_hdr.jpg

the Blue AK's are back under the good old trusty Sunblaster. Time to get some leaf size up.

I'd bought a couple of MARS to germinate peppers in this year. I plan to grow a couple hundred of them out this season, so I also started some cannabis under them. No real complaints about the LED's, but cannabis really loves the HPS (I've got a little 420W I've had for awhile). I also notice that starting them under the Sunblaster, growth is more aggressive. Peppers don't like the HPS as much, might be a little too intense for their age....

I got the plants outside for a few hours yesterday for some breeze and sunshine. Nothing like it for growth and working the girl's abs out.

IMG_20180417_154142_hdr.jpg

Did you order directly on their website ? I had the chance to try god bud and that is some super fire weed !
I picked them up at a store that carries them.

They're coming along - slower and more steady than autos for sure. Beefy leaves, getting strength to go big I hope....
IMG_20180422_165800_hdr.jpg

well, that week of sunshine saw the Blue AK's grow well. When the leaves get over the sides of the solo cup, that's when I x-plant. I've found that when this happens, the tap root has already done a couple of laps around the bottom, and is ready for some upsizing. I figure this keeps the plant on a good growth angle, and optimizes each stage.

IMG_20180427_092744_hdr.jpg

Did you order directly on their website ? I had the chance to try god bud and that is some super fire weed !

I grew out BC God bud 2 seasons in a row outdoors and was very disappointed...this was BC bud depots version. Potency was good but smell flavour and yield were midgrade at best.

I grew out BC God bud 2 seasons in a row outdoors and was very disappointed...this was BC bud depots version. Potency was good but smell flavour and yield were midgrade at best.
I'm curious if they'll be able to finish. I did some Blue God's a couple of seasons back, and they turned into a petri dish on me in mid September. Grow conditions weren't the best, but they didn't seem very good for outdoor.

The afghanis I did last year were excellent, and strong healthy finishers. JOTI has some outdoor strains that are built for the Westcoast, but Blueberry itself isn't known as being very hardy I understand.

The afghanis I did last year were excellent, and strong healthy finishers. JOTI has some outdoor strains that are built for the Westcoast, but Blueberry itself isn't known as being very hardy I understand.

Ive never run any Joti personally but a good local friend of mine has, and had decent results. Hope they work out awesome for you bud!! If you are seeking BC genetics check out peakseedsBC, ran a few of their strains and had good results. I would totally give their Texada crosses another go!!

Back