Canna Bio Autos

I meant to ask in my first response, did you really use 25 gallon pots? If so I think that is major overkill for an auto, especially for a first grow, at least based on my current understanding. I am a long time grower but only on my 4th auto cycle, so I could be wrong, but I think the diminishing returns of larger pot sizes kicks in much sooner with autos. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in here, but I think 3-7 gallons is a more typical range. If nothing else such a large pot is going to make watering more difficult, especially while the plants are young and not drinking much water.
No I didnt use 25gallon pots. I've used 5 gallon pots.

I meant to ask in my first response, did you really use 25 gallon pots? If so I think that is major overkill for an auto, especially for a first grow, at least based on my current understanding. I am a long time grower but only on my 4th auto cycle, so I could be wrong, but I think the diminishing returns of larger pot sizes kicks in much sooner with autos. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in here, but I think 3-7 gallons is a more typical range. If nothing else such a large pot is going to make watering more difficult, especially while the plants are young and not drinking much water.
I've juse noticed ive wrote 25. I meant 5 gallon

Brialliant response. Very informative. How often do you find yourself feeding the plants?

Will i be okay using ths canna bio line if i have added worm castings to my soil mix?
My suggestion to use dry amendments with coco was to make life much easier and simpler. All you would need to add is the 4-8-4 every 2-3 weeks, and be done with it. Can’t get any easier than that.

I would just run thru what you bought I grew really nice bud with happy frog and Canna bio line. I ran out of boost way faster maybe got it once more now I use coast of Maine my own banana ffj, em1, fish shit,

The Down to Earth 4-8-4 and 4-4-4 takes about 5-7 days for the dry amendments to start kicking in. It’s always nice to be ahead of the feeding so I will top dress every 14 days. Very easy!
I do also use bottled nutrients when I have to. I grow some of my crops in 4x4 Grodan blocks on a flood and drain table, and that obviously requires bottled nutrients. I will also feed my coco grown autos bottled nutrients during the short 3 week vegetative stage for a little faster growth, but strictly use dry amendments through flowering.
Do you dechlorinate your water?

You always wanna get rid of the chlorine kills beneficial bacteria. Only exception for organics might be cloning. If you are only using bottled nutrients that don't have a bacteria element it doesn't matter as much. Health food stores and sometimes grocery store atleast in us have dispensable ro deionized and spring water for like thirty cents a gallon. Another option is filling up 5 gallon container from stream. www.findaspring.com

Last edited:
You always wanna get rid of the chlorine kills beneficial bacteria. Only exception for organics might be cloning. If you are only using bottled nutrients that don't have a bacteria element it doesn't matter as much. Health food stores and sometimes grocery store atleast in us have dispensable ro deionized and spring water for like thirty cents a gallon. Another option is filling up 5 gallon container from stream. www.findaspring.com
I go through about 6 gallons a day in the winter and and 10 in the summer, so it’s easier for me to use something like this. I can hook it up to any of my faucets or outside hose bibs. I’ve also been using it to fill my 5 gallon bottles for my drinking water dispenser. Nice to have unlimited R/O!

Attachments

• 5E0FA88B-DE9C-4647-9888-C2B1ED5C3513.png
    5E0FA88B-DE9C-4647-9888-C2B1ED5C3513.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Brialliant response. Very informative. How often do you find yourself feeding the plants?

Will i be okay using ths canna bio line if i have added worm castings to my soil mix?

I think you should be fine with some added EWC, but don’t go over board, maybe 1-2 Tbs per gallon?

I mostly use a similar strategy as this post by autobeast, except I use Canna start and Bio rhizo then the bio canna line instead of the line he uses.

After my initial soil charge/rinse with canna start and Bio Rhizo I don’t add anything except water until around the end of week 3.

For week 4-5, or until the stretch has finished I use Vega every other watering with just calmag water between feedings. I am using RO water, so I add calmag to between EC .3-.4 once the plants are larger and growing fast.

After stretch I switch to Flores and add the boost. Sometimes I add the boost with the Vega in week 5 if they are really fast growers and the roots are poking through the cloth pot. I continue alternating water and feed until the flowers are well established and gaining mass. I always check the EC of my runoff and at this point the plants are using so much P/K that they need a boost between full feedings so in addition to calmag I add a very light dose of Flores (5ml/gal) but no boost or rhizo to my watering between feedings. The EC of the runoff always spikes after a feeding and drops after a watering, but my goal is to keep it within a few points of the feeding/watering solution. I try to keep my runoff EC between 1.0-1.5, much higher than 1.5 and they usually start to get yellow leaf tips.

I used the general guidelines in autobeast’s post to come up with this system and it has been working well. I started using this method on my second auto cycle, by the third cycle is was pretty dialed in and my 4th and 5th cycles are both going great.

good luck!

I think you should be fine with some added EWC, but don’t go over board, maybe 1-2 Tbs per gallon?

I mostly use a similar strategy as this post by autobeast, except I use Canna start and Bio rhizo then the bio canna line instead of the line he uses.

After my initial soil charge/rinse with canna start and Bio Rhizo I don’t add anything except water until around the end of week 3.

For week 4-5, or until the stretch has finished I use Vega every other watering with just calmag water between feedings. I am using RO water, so I add calmag to between EC .3-.4 once the plants are larger and growing fast.

After stretch I switch to Flores and add the boost. Sometimes I add the boost with the Vega in week 5 if they are really fast growers and the roots are poking through the cloth pot. I continue alternating water and feed until the flowers are well established and gaining mass. I always check the EC of my runoff and at this point the plants are using so much P/K that they need a boost between full feedings so in addition to calmag I add a very light dose of Flores (5ml/gal) but no boost or rhizo to my watering between feedings. The EC of the runoff always spikes after a feeding and drops after a watering, but my goal is to keep it within a few points of the feeding/watering solution. I try to keep my runoff EC between 1.0-1.5, much higher than 1.5 and they usually start to get yellow leaf tips.

I used the general guidelines in autobeast’s post to come up with this system and it has been working well. I started using this method on my second auto cycle, and by the third cycle is was pretty dialed, in and my 4th and 5th cycles are both going great.

good luck!
Do you use the bio boost? I really liked it was just expensive but maybe it's cheaper than getting all the additives I use now. Fish shit, em1, urb only in flower and crab extract from coast of Maine only once a month and my own banana ffj during flower. Then the rest is dry amendments

Back