New Grower Can You Clone Autos

Reaction score
I am sure this question could be found on google but I believe it is better to hear first hand from people who are experienced with autoflowers or someone who is familiar with cloning. If you cannot, why? If you can clone them, would it be a traditional cloning like all maryjane plants?
Thank you!

I am sure this question could be found on google but I believe it is better to hear first hand from people who are experienced with autoflowers or someone who is familiar with cloning. If you cannot, why? If you can clone them, would it be a traditional cloning like all maryjane plants?
Thank you!

Yes, but there is no use for them.
All clones will come with the mothers date stamp...
So they will grow flower and die with the mother, not giving them any time to become a decent size plant.
But yes it is possible.

My grow
www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/A-4-strain-grow%2E-Second-try%2E.57614/&share_type=t

:yeahthat: yup, true dat! The clock is always ticking with auto's, no way to extend veg'ing like in photo's,... some things can delay blooming a bit, but not in the same way or amount of time,... The cells know how old they are, so to speak, and flowering is "hardwired" into their physiology! Skilled folks though have made some really cool mini-plants! Wish I had some pics handy,.. I've seen a 3" plant that was about a 1g bud, and nice too- :thumbsup: -hilarious!

Thank you both @Waira and @Headbudz77 So the eternal clock of autoflowers never stops ticking, very very interesting, I wonder if there will ever be a way to reset that genetic clock for effective cloning! 1gram!! What a turnout! :clapper: Haha

:yeahthat: yup, true dat! The clock is always ticking with auto's, no way to extend veg'ing like in photo's,... some things can delay blooming a bit, but not in the same way or amount of time,... The cells know how old they are, so to speak, and flowering is "hardwired" into their physiology! Skilled folks though have made some really cool mini-plants! Wish I had some pics handy,.. I've seen a 3" plant that was about a 1g bud, and nice too- [emoji106] -hilarious!
I had that with my very first grow, broke the plant in half at pre-flowering. The broken part grew one bud on its own.

ee8464caf96dca9b8f2cb739ecd141a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you both @Waira and @Headbudz77 So the eternal clock of autoflowers never stops ticking, very very interesting, I wonder if there will ever be a way to reset that genetic clock for effective cloning! 1gram!! What a turnout! :clapper: Haha
You'd just use photo plants instead of plants that have been engineered to be autos. I love cloning! [emoji16] [emoji106] [emoji6] [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just took 8 clones last night from some gorilla glue autos and Swiss cheese autos......I'm going to use some STS on one to seed the others. It's my first time trying to make crosses.

I've cloned several before and get good size budz for a cloned auto. The trick I use is to take the lowest of branches Before it shows sex. In my experience they will finish a week or 2 later I took a cut of Nirvanas OG Kush auto and northern lights on my last crop. I tested a new organic soil mix in 1 gallon bags .With the clones i ended up with half a zip each and the og ended up about 2 1/2 ft tall. I can try variables in my environment with the EXACT same plant to see what works best for me [emoji3]

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I also try to take the clones as soon as the target lower branches get big enough to take root . My logic is the sooner it pops it own roots the longer they will have before the bloom phase kicks in. This will allow it time to get big enough for me to attempt a sea of green with auto clones....But I'm a hobbyist at best.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Back