Calcium deficiency ????

@essadis420 :welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome:. Pro Mix HP is primarily peat so you want to PH at 6.3 going in. Your starting water of 150 PPM will be about 50 PPM of calcium so you should not need to add any. You also do not need to dilute it.

It would be good to look at your water report to see how much calcium and magnesium you have in the water? Sanitation is also a question; looking for ammonia in the sanitizer section.

Water report avg. 52 mg/l calcium, 16.7mg/l magnesium, ammonia <0.05 that’s if I’m reading the report right lol
So I should keep my water closer to 6.3 when I feed them tonight instead of 5.8?

Water report avg. 52 mg/l calcium, 16.7mg/l magnesium, ammonia <0.05 that’s if I’m reading the report right lol
So I should keep my water closer to 6.3 when I feed them tonight instead of 5.8?

Seeing as how @Mañ'O'Green was spot on with the calcium estimation, I’d say heed his advice for sure! :crying:
FWIW, I’m usually in the 6.2-6.3 range myself.

So I just fed my plants 1.5L each plant
Tap ppm I was wrong but not by much it’s actually 140ppm not 150ppm
After adding the nutes it came to 658ppm and I ph’d to 6.28

im guessing that the spots on the leaves won’t go away but if the problem is fixed I shouldn’t see any new spots right ??

The Ammonia showing up on that report means you have chloramines (ammonia and chlorine)in your tap water. It is not critical in soil but it is still best to treat for it.
Chloramines Removal
You are looking for ascorbic acid - vitamin C. The store brand is usually the cheapest without other stuff added in. 50mg per gallon will treat water with 3.8 PPM of chloramines.

The spots will not go away and may get worse before it gets better. The damage you see now started some time ago. It may not be done yet.

The Ammonia showing up on that report means you have chloramines (ammonia and chlorine)in your tap water. It is not critical in soil but it is still best to treat for it.
Chloramines Removal
You are looking for ascorbic acid - vitamin C. The store brand is usually the cheapest without other stuff added in. 50mg per gallon will treat water with 3.8 PPM of chloramines.

The spots will not go away and may get worse before it gets better. The damage you see now started some time ago. It may not be done yet.

apparently my city (Calgary Alberta Canada) does not use chloramines it says chlorine. that’s what all the sites I look up about it says
I added the link to the water chart I was looking at
I notice that beside the ammonia it says “Naturally occurring; released from agricultural or industrial wastes.”

apparently my city (Calgary Alberta Canada) does not use chloramines it says chlorine. that’s what all the sites I look up about it says
I added the link to the water chart I was looking at
I notice that beside the ammonia it says “Naturally occurring; released from agricultural or industrial wastes.”

Im inclined to believe that’s a Canadian Environmental Regulations thing. I’m in Canada as well and see a similar thing on my water report. It looks like they establish a threshold for ammonia of 0.05 ppm and they’re saying you have less ammonia than this in your water. In other words, the amount in your water is negligible.

In soil it is negligible but in hydro it is a problem. This is from the attached report.

2021-07-19_14-50-43.png

Back