Grow Mediums Bush's 2nd Autopot grow

I've filled the 4x4 again which is always a nice sight to look at. I keep leaf tucking and adjusting the clothespins best I can to keep everything open.
72d398e62beee1849beadad3d3c1d0bd.jpg

Love it man, the dark devil is huge, see u got her pin down like I had to do to the LSD, but are you keeping notes on your pins lol??? Might be on to something there.

Love it man, the dark devil is huge, see u got her pin down like I had to do to the LSD, but are you keeping notes on your pins lol??? Might be on to something there.
Those are some older pins I had used when I did my outdoor grow. I wrote the name of strain on the pin and clipped it to the pot.

I've filled the 4x4 again which is always a nice sight to look at. I keep leaf tucking and adjusting the clothespins best I can to keep everything open.
I must defoliate way too much, because my tent hasn’t looked that full since my first photo grow. Looking good as always! :d5:

Looking good. My 4x4 looks remarkably similar - well, it did until this morning when I set up a SCROG.
I had topped my Dark Devil after the third node and then BROKE the 2 tops :baked:
Had to re-top it so it only has 6 branches in total now.
It is about 18" tall at the minute, but spread out over 2' x 2'
Pistils have started and it is still stretching...

Bush, do you top/fim or not? I bought a bunch of clothes pins and some weights if needed and tried to use them for my last grow but the plants didn't have the right structure for me to use them. Or maybe I misunderstood how to use them.

Anyway, I can see how it would be pretty much impossible to bend over any dominant cola whether this is just one (no topping) or a few (from topping) because they are straight up vertical. I would think the only way to bend over main cola stems is to tie them. And the pins are used more on lateral branches. Does that logic pretty much sum it up?

Bush, do you top/fim or not? I bought a bunch of clothes pins and some weights if needed and tried to use them for my last grow but the plants didn't have the right structure for me to use them. Or maybe I misunderstood how to use them.

Anyway, I can see how it would be pretty much impossible to bend over any dominant cola whether this is just one (no topping) or a few (from topping) because they are straight up vertical. I would think the only way to bend over main cola stems is to tie them. And the pins are used more on lateral branches. Does that logic pretty much sum it up?
I haven't tried any top/fim on my plants yet. I've just let them grow naturally. I tried to start anywhere from the 3rd/4th week using the clothespins to open up the structure. I'll take the stem and slowly start bending from the inside out then place the clothespin as far out to hold it open. Normally the next day or so I'll have to adjust again as they are starting to shoot up for the light.

I haven't tried any top/fim on my plants yet. I've just let them grow naturally. I tried to start anywhere from the 3rd/4th week using the clothespins to open up the structure. I'll take the stem and slowly start bending from the inside out then place the clothespin as far out to hold it open. Normally the next day or so I'll have to adjust again as they are starting to shoot up for the light.

So you are using the pins to bend the main stem and the side/laterals too?

So you are using the pins to bend the main stem and the side/laterals too?
I did the main stem on the Dark Devil as it keeps wanting to stretch. The stem is still very pliable so was easy to just pull it over and the pins holding it down in place. I'm thinking that the silica that is in megacrop helps with that. Last grow with AN they were very hard and woody so wasn't as easy as this time.

Back