Bomb Seeds Bomb Seeds presents the 2023 Welly Boot Competition

But MC isn’t organic, this is blurring the lines
But it's not petrochemical based. I think the low rate is the key.
I have used inorganic techniques on properties in the conversion to organics. It was basically a kick-start on a winter cover/feed crop of beets and turnips, and then a multi-seed cover crop in the regular growing season.
That was before I found about mega crop from an old friend of mine. He continues to use mega crop in his ongoing cover crop soil building program. He uses it at very low dosage rates with the quality of water he has from his wells.
When pop22 suggested I use MC on my first grow, I knew what was possible. I just had to figure out how to use it in container growing, something I had never done.

Day 14 yesterday and day 15 today....
20230702_192006.jpg

Last edited:
But MC isn’t organic, this is blurring the lines
MC is minerals, elements, some organics like kelp, and the nutrients that need to be chelated are done with amino acids not EDT.
Also, recent studies have shown that the addition of manufactured nutrients has no affect on soil life as long as excessive amounts are not used. In fact, microbes will use the N provided and break it down into other forms. Using MC, or even most other nutrient lines in organic soil on the verge of depletion works quite well.
Even EDT is not a harmful compound, it's also used as a food preservative. There are no "nasty chemicals" in the base nutrients of any brand, it's the supplements ( that no one needs to begin with ) that are loaded with hormones etc.

MC is minerals, elements, some organics like kelp, and the nutrients that need to be chelated are done with amino acids not EDT.
Also, recent studies have shown that the addition of manufactured nutrients has no affect on soil life as long as excessive amounts are not used. In fact, microbes will use the N provided and break it down into other forms. Using MC, or even most other nutrient lines in organic soil on the verge of depletion works quite well.
Even EDT is not a harmful compound, it's also used as a food preservative. There are no "nasty chemicals" in the base nutrients of any brand, it's the supplements ( that no one needs to begin with ) that are loaded with hormones etc.
To each his own, this is why I grow my own

Back