Dutch Passion Bob's Dutch Passion Grow - Auto Night Queen and Auto White Widow do Karel's BioTabs...

Nope, not as far as I know. No customers complaints regarding that. Also, never had any troubles with them myself.
But as you know with seeds, sometimes you have one that is a bit reluctant to grow.

And for example when the root hairs dry out, it can go from a germinated seed to a dead seedling in no-time.

Anyway, I hope that last lady will grow into something beautiful! :headbang:

Good start mate, what lights do you run?
I have a Mars Hydro TS-1000 which is actually more then enough for my 2x2' surface.

Nope, not as far as I know. No customers complaints regarding that. Also, never had any troubles with them myself.
But as you know with seeds, sometimes you have one that is a bit reluctant to grow.

And for example when the root hairs dry out, it can go from a germinated seed to a dead seedling in no-time.

Anyway, I hope that last lady will grow into something beautiful! :headbang:
I'm sure she'll do fine. As always I'll keep you guys updated on every step :thumbsup:

Well guys/gals,

The impossible happened... The last Auto Night Queen seed failed. :face:
Yesterday I sent Antonio a message explaining everything what happened and we agreed it was probably user error, namely me who kept the paper towel to wet :wall:
But Antonio is such a swell guy he Fedexed me a completely new box of seeds, which arrived this morning!! :yoinks:

We also agreed I would follow his germination protocol for two seeds to the letter and as a control, do one seed the way I have always done.
For those of you interested in the germination protocol, I've added it as an attachment to this thread.

I'm showing what I did according to the document.
All the needed items and a couple more + some nice stickers and a scenttree :bighug:
20220304_125514_small.jpg

I started with wiping the plate and plastic cup down with some Isopropyl alcohol. Let's have a clean workspace :thumbsup:
Then took two pieces of cotton pads (I bought bio cotton without chlorine in it), spread the two seeds apart and sprayed some water (50/50 demi water/tap water).
20220304_125809_small.jpg

Layed the left cotton pad on top of the other one and sprayed as well. I cleaned of all excess moisture from the plate...
20220304_125905_small.jpg

And wrapped it in Microwave foil. This has holes in it which will prevent the cotton to go stale I presume. Afterwards I placed the plate inside my closet and there it will stay for the next few days.
20220304_130056_small.jpg

The control has been put inside a plastic cup with the same water mixture as was in the spraycan. The cup sits on top of my router...
20220304_130202_small.jpg

Like last year I try to be as honest as I can be. I promised the good, the bad and the ugly and that's what you guys will get. If something doesn't work just tell it, maybe someone can help you out with some idea you would have never come up on by yourself ;)

Alrighty,

That's it for today.
Regards,

Bob :toke:

Attachments

• EN Germ cotton.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Hey Dutch Passion fans :pass:

So...It's only been two days since I started the germination process. The manual says to wait until day three to look which is a torture for me as I'm so freaking curious to find out how it turned out :naughtystep: Just will have to be patient and come back to this topic tomorrow :yay:

For today I have a smorgasbord of delicacies... Will you join me???
giphy.gif

Number One here is doing the best of all three at the moment. Twisting and turning her way towards the light above...
Auto White Widow n°1 - day 9
IMG_20220306_135913_small.jpg

Currently working on her third node...
Auto White Widow n°1 - day 9
IMG_20220306_135928_small.jpg

And let's switch it up and present you with a separate time lapse for each seedling in sequence :thanks:

Number Two is looking a bit over nourished... Don't know if I should replace her (I still have one seed left over) or let her go and see what she'll do...:shrug:
Auto White Widow n°2 - day 9
IMG_20220306_135956_small.jpg

Auto White Widow n°2 - day 9
IMG_20220306_140002_small.jpg

Number Two her 24 seconds of fame :kiss:

This lady had a rough start, but pulled through. I probably kept her to wet as her sisters although she went into the soil right after a 24 hour soak. Maybe the soaking was the culprit... The important thing is, there are now three more seeds that are germinating! Maybe if there are two exquisite specimens I'll replace this one as well, we'll see :eyebrows:
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 9
IMG_20220306_140013_small.jpg

Side view... What do you guys think?
Auto Night Queen n°1 - day 9
IMG_20220306_140025_small.jpg

Maybe you'll get more of an idea with the aid of a time lapse :goodluck:

I hope you all enjoyed todays post. If you have any tips or ideas about something I do, please do let me know as we are all here to learn :thanks:

Regards,

Bob:toke:

Hey friends!!

It seems that I keep having some strange shizle happen to me :face:
I've discovered something strange with my White Widow n°2. She seems to have topped herself!! The 5-fingered leaf is the last one to grow.
1646769363708_small.jpg

The side shoots from the first node are expanding now. Guess I'll have to cut the knot and choose. Or I cut the 5-fingered leaf and let the shoots become the new apical dominant tops or cut my losses and germinate that last White Widow seed. What do you guys/gals think? @Antonio_DutchPassion, I think I know what you are going to say. :d5:
1646769363721_small.jpg

It's not that this is a prime specimen of what the genetics can deliver... :fire:
1646769363730_small.jpg

...This n°1 is that girl with the right genetics. Guess I've made the choice already, I just need to understand it... :headbang:
1646769363700_small.jpg

1646769363691_small.jpg

The Auto Night Queen has recovered just fine. Although still a bit pale she is doing just fine.
1646769363664_small.jpg

...for now I would say let her be.
1646769363675_small.jpg

Look at her giving everything to stay on board :dancer:
1646769363681_small.jpg

Even so, there are three new seedlings that made the tent... Yesterday I transferred the two from the cotton pad each to a small (200ml) cup as described in the above mentioned germination protocol.
1646769363630_small.jpg

I let them acclimate to that medium overnight and this morning put the cups inside the tent.
1646769363644_small.jpg

I kept a close eye on all three seedlings during the day and couldn't believe my eyes that they all sprouted a first real leaf :woohoo1:
1646769363656_small.jpg

And last but not least all the zoomed in time lapses from the last two days (approx. 50h) @25fps. Enjoy :cheers:
Auto White Widow n°1

Auto White Widow n°2

Auto Night Queen n°1

Three little Auto White Widow seedlings :wiz:

Regards,

Hey friends!!

It seems that I keep having some strange shizle happen to me :face:
I've discovered something strange with my White Widow n°2. She seems to have topped herself!! The 5-fingered leaf is the last one to grow.
View attachment 1429173

The side shoots from the first node are expanding now. Guess I'll have to cut the knot and choose. Or I cut the 5-fingered leaf and let the shoots become the new apical dominant tops or cut my losses and germinate that last White Widow seed. What do you guys/gals think? @Antonio_DutchPassion, I think I know what you are going to say. :d5:

It's not that this is a prime specimen of what the genetics can deliver... :fire:

...This n°1 is that girl with the right genetics. Guess I've made the choice already, I just need to understand it... :headbang:

The Auto Night Queen has recovered just fine. Although still a bit pale she is doing just fine.

...for now I would say let her be.

Look at her giving everything to stay on board :dancer:

Even so, there are three new seedlings that made the tent... Yesterday I transferred the two from the cotton pad each to a small (200ml) cup as described in the above mentioned germination protocol.

I let them acclimate to that medium overnight and this morning put the cups inside the tent.

I kept a close eye on all three seedlings during the day and couldn't believe my eyes that they all sprouted a first real leaf :woohoo1:

And last but not least all the zoomed in time lapses from the last two days (approx. 50h) @25fps. Enjoy :cheers:
Auto White Widow n°1

Auto White Widow n°2

Auto Night Queen n°1

Three little Auto White Widow seedlings :wiz:

Regards,

Hi Bob,

Yeah, you probably guessed it right.... just discard/cut that weird looking WW lady :tang:

It's a rare genetic default that can happen with every autoflower/ruderalis genetics. Although the remaining plant can still produce decent quality weed it will usually be a smaller, less vigorous and lower yielding plant. Most of the times they grow out of it (tiger leaves and prints) as they get older but your specimen has indeed topped itself because of this mutation and both her leaf structure as well plant structure doesn't look good to me. Very unfortunate to see, but I would personally cut my losses, either pop a new WW seed or just take another Auto Night Queen out of 2 that you have spare and grow 3x Auto Night Queen and 1x Auto White Widow.

The Night Queen is superior anyway :eyebrows: (big fan of both the Auto as photoperiod Night Queen, won my first Bio indoor cup at Spannabis Malaga with her back in 2015 :headbang:

Luckily the #1 Auto White Widow looks very beautiful :kiss:

bob i love your timelapse vids also @Antonio_DutchPassion is a really generous fella and the dutch passion team are all cool cats

Thanks bro, appreciate the kind words! :thumbsup:

I've had my fair share of experiences during the years so I think I have a good understanding of what is important to us growers :cheers:
I'm just glad to be able to help where ever I can!

Back