New Grower Black Stone Grow (LED in Coco) by AeonSophia

AeonSophia

Entheobotanical Priestess
Reaction score
Hi I'm Sophie, your friendly neighborhood plant-loving mystical hermit. This is my first time growing cannabis, though I have experience cultivating other plants as well as some fungus. I've done a lot of research in my spare time for over a year into different methods of growing, so I have some idea what I'm doing, but I would certainly appreciate any help or advice in helping to bring these beautiful plants into existence.

I decided to get the seeds from Autoflower Portal after a couple people recommended Stone's genetics. I ordered 5 'fem' Black Stone seeds plus free extras for about $60 with stealth shipping, not really caring much about the free seeds, but I was happily surprised to find 7 Black Stones. The freebies look really good too. 1 Fairy Frost, 1 Moon Tears, 1 Nashira, and 2 Sour Mango. I'll be starting off with two Black Stone seeds, then starting two more when the others are into flowering to give them some room and to have smaller harvests more frequently, rather than big harvests every three months or so, and to give me some time to buy another light. After that I'll probably try the Fairy Frost and Moon Tears. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

The grow is taking place in my closet with a 3w x 100 PopularGrow LED light from ebay. Two seedlings are currently in 18oz plastic cups with coco and perlite.

I placed two Black Stone seeds between wet paper towels inside of two plates and put them in my closet and kept it warm.

Two days later the roots were out and ready to go into the growing medium.

1230160137.jpg

Day 1 (Dec. 31) - It took another couple days for them to emerge from the surface. One was already opened up, with its first set of true leaves just starting to show. The other one still has the seed on it. The light cycle is currently 18 hours on, 6 hours off. I might keep that going the whole time. Much like myself, I think these little ones enjoy the darkness.

0101170201b.jpg

Day 2 (Today) - They're about 30 inches away from the light. I've been watering them lightly to keep the coco moist. In the dead of winter with no heating besides that which comes from the light, my computers, and me and my girlfriend smoking weed, the temperature is 73-75 degrees Fahrenheit, which doesn't seem too bad. The humidity stays around 60% or above. Considering this grow is going to be fairly minimal, I think these conditions are favorable. It's hard to tell with the LED going, but they're looking very green and healthy so far.

0101171808b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I'm Sophie, your friendly neighborhood plant-loving mystical hermit. This is my first time growing cannabis, though I have experience cultivating other plants as well as some fungus. I've done a lot of research in my spare time for over a year into different methods of growing, so I have some idea what I'm doing, but I would certainly appreciate any help or advice in helping to bring these beautiful plants into existence.

I decided to get the seeds from Autoflower Portal after a couple people recommended Stone's genetics. I ordered 5 'fem' Black Stone seeds plus free extras for about $60 with stealth shipping, not really caring much about the free seeds, but I was happily surprised to find 7 Black Stones. The freebies look really good too. 1 Fairy Frost, 1 Moon Tears, 1 Nashira, and 2 Sour Mango. I'll be starting off with two Black Stone seeds, then starting two more when the others are into flowering to give them some room and to have smaller harvests more frequently, rather than big harvests every three months or so, and to give me some time to buy another light. After that I'll probably try the Fairy Frost and Moon Tears. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

The grow is taking place on my closet with a 3w x 100 PopularGrow LED light from ebay. Two seedlings are currently in 18oz plastic cups with coco and perlite.

I placed two Black Stone seeds between wet paper towels inside of two plates and put them in my closet and kept it warm.

Two days later the roots were out and ready to go into the growing medium.

View attachment 680905

Day 1 (Dec. 31) - It took another couple days for them to emerge from the surface. One was already opened up, with its first set of true leaves just starting to show. The other one still has the seed on it. The light cycle is currently 18 hours on, 6 hours off. I might keep that going the whole time. Much like myself, I think these little ones enjoy the darkness.

View attachment 680906

Day 2 (Today) - They're about 30 inches away from the light. I've been watering them lightly to keep the coco moist. In the dead of winter with no heating but that which comes from the light, my computers, and me and my girlfriend smoking weed, the temperature is 73-75 degrees Fahrenheit, which doesn't seem too bad. The humidity stays around 60% or above. Considering this grow is going to be fairly minimal, I think these conditions are favorable. It's hard to tell with the LED going, but they're looking very green and healthy so far.

View attachment 680907
Very cool. I've been thinking about getting some beans from there in the future. Subbed

Very cool. I've been thinking about getting some beans from there in the future. Subbed
I'm really glad I ordered from there for my first grow, so I would recommend it. I haven't seen any deals even close to that good from other sites. Also Stone was very friendly and quick to respond to my questions via email. Apparently they'll also take requests for which seeds you get for free, which is amazing .

Day 3 - I helped the one that still had it's seed casing on it (the one on the left) because I could see the true leaves forming inside. I just carefully peeled it off with some tweezers. Within hours it opened up and looked like it was in good shape. The slightly more mature seedling has the beginnings of its second set of true leaves just barely poking out from the middle. I also lowered the light to 27 inches.Things are going pretty smoothly so far.

GSDGSDGSDHDSH.jpg

Last edited:
Back