Black spots on fans

2budz

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple Kush, Sawney's Nugz
I noticed these about 10 days ago. The spots are black and mostly on the upper fans but also a few down lower. I first noticed a few of them and removed those leaves now there’s more. Not sure if it’s a deficiency or bugs. She looks other wise healthy no discoloration or anything. I have 3 autos about 2 feet away and they don’t have them so I’m leaning towards a deficiency.
0E6B21A4-3A3E-4429-A967-50A1C5571127.jpeg

fwiw I noticed also that it seems to all be on tips or at least edges. My best guess is deficiency of potassium or manganese. I had to check out your thread because I had some too but mine were not the same as yours. Best of luck

There’s actually none on the tips. They’re all on the edges or middle but no discolored tips.

There’s actually none on the tips. They’re all on the edges or middle but no discolored tips.
I didn't think about how that sounded, it was the tips of the serrations and the edges I was thinking of. :thumbsup:

Do any other plants have similar spots, not just cannabis, but any and are the spots getting any larger with time.

It looks like some type of toxin found its way onto the leaves. Do you or have you sprayed down with bug spray near the plants?

Do any other plants have similar spots, not just cannabis, but any and are the spots getting any larger with time.

It looks like some type of toxin found its way onto the leaves. Do you or have you sprayed down with bug spray near the plants?
Hmmm. No. The weed plants are sandwiched in my pepper plant jungle. This particular photo is the only one with these spots. I haven’t noticed if they get bigger since I have just been removing the leaves with the spots. I haven’t removed any of the last ones I found so I can probably answer that in a day or so. We haven’t really done much out there this summer due to the heat so definitely no big spray out there.

Head scratcher for sure. It doesn't look like a def to me due to the necrotic areas, but what the hell do I know.

I initially though "insect" too - but just on leaf tips? Or are you thinking root damage due to larva?

Back