Nutrients Biobizz Pre Mix anyone? Need some first hand experience

Reaction score
Hi fam,

hope you are all excellent to each other and enjoy yourselfs. I am looking for some first hand experience with Biobizz Pre Mix. I've used Biotabs and Vertafort pellets for my last grows with good results but both aren't exactly what I am looking for. The Biotabs have too much Nitrogen for my liking. The Vertafort pellets work really really well but are pretty expensive compared to the Pre Mix.

I will use Biobizz Light Mix, Perlite and Pre-Mix. Only Ph'd water from start to finish plus some Biotabs bactrex to improve soil life. My plan is to add 2% pre-mix from the beginning and top dress with another 2-3% when she starts to stretch. What do you think?

Cheers

I've experience with a lot of Biobizz products though not their pre-mix.

I've used Ecothrive Charge and Biosys in my current grow [on a similar tip to the pre-mix and the bactrex I believe] and to say I am impressed is an understatement.

IMG-0099.JPG

Hi fam,

hope you are all excellent to each other and enjoy yourselfs. I am looking for some first hand experience with Biobizz Pre Mix. I've used Biotabs and Vertafort pellets for my last grows with good results but both aren't exactly what I am looking for. The Biotabs have too much Nitrogen for my liking. The Vertafort pellets work really really well but are pretty expensive compared to the Pre Mix.

I will use Biobizz Light Mix, Perlite and Pre-Mix. Only Ph'd water from start to finish plus some Biotabs bactrex to improve soil life. My plan is to add 2% pre-mix from the beginning and top dress with another 2-3% when she starts to stretch. What do you think?

Cheers

I'd also recommend you keep a close eye on your ladies if you plan on going down the water only route as the plants are likely to need additional nutrients. Probably more so due to the Light Mix you're planning on using.

I've experience with a lot of Biobizz products though not their pre-mix.
I've used Ecothrive Charge and Biosys in my current grow [on a similar tip to the pre-mix and the bactrex I believe] and to say I am impressed is an understatement.
]

Hi mate,

thanks for the reply. Yours look pretty amazing. I am still baffled by the results i got with Biotabs and especially with the Vertafort Booster pellets in combination with beneficial microbes and fungi. I never had any fertilizer related deficiencies since I made the switch. What I really love about the fact that it is all organic is that I only have to feed ph'd water and some bactrex every third week. I am not a crop grower so I dont care if my harvest is a bit smaller as long as I get top quality bud.

Only problem I had was that I wanted to start with the light mix plus a little npk and then top dress later on when she really needs it. I hope that the pre mix will do this and if this works out this will be my final solution on growing Autos for a longer period. Might add some Biobizz Bloom every other feeding in flower if needed.

This is a very interesting interview that might be interesting for you as well.

I'd also recommend you keep a close eye on your ladies if you plan on going down the water only route as the plants are likely to need additional nutrients. Probably more so due to the Light Mix you're planning on using.

I did this constantly last couple of grows with water only and tbh they never showed any deficiencies. I over fed them once when adding some extra Biobizz Bloom to a Biotabs grow... got a nice Potassiumtox. Nothing serious only some thin blades on the top colas.

This led me to the idea to use some npk with more balanced ratios like 1-1-3 so adding some extra Biobizz Bloom wont hurt her that easy.

I did this constantly last couple of grows with water only and tbh they never showed any deficiencies. I over fed them once when adding some extra Biobizz Bloom to a Biotabs grow... got a nice Potassiumtox. Nothing serious only some thin blades on the top colas.

This led me to the idea to use some npk with more balanced ratios like 1-1-3 so adding some extra Biobizz Bloom wont hurt her that easy.

I use the All Mix and the Light Mix at a 70/30 ratio with the Ecothrive products and I have some Grow, Fish Mix + molasses to add as needed. That's my version of KISS - as much as my little swede can handle!

I use the All Mix and the Light Mix at a 70/30 ratio with the Ecothrive products and I have some Grow, Fish Mix + molasses to add as needed. That's my version of KISS - as much as my little swede can handle!

Thats pretty similar to my plan as the all mix is just light mix plus 5% pre mix... I will report back in a few weeks. Did you ever start in All Mix? People always tell me its too hot for seedlings...

Thats pretty similar to my plan as the all mix is just light mix plus 5% pre mix... I will report back in a few weeks. Did you ever start in All Mix? People always tell me its too hot for seedlings...

The plants in the photo were germinated in all mix. Of 8 originally planted only 1 showed any effect from the hot soil. In saying that in future I'll be using light mix for the first 7 days of life before transplanting into my all mix / light mix combo.

I just started using Biobizz light but I am using normal Biobizz nutes. Side note, I thought you wasn't supposed to PH water for Biobizz as it's self buffering? So long as your water falls within a certain pH you shouldn't have to do anything.

Always PH. Like fucking every time. At least thats what I do after a few very unpleasent grow experiences where I trusted those recommendations. If you are using tap water with a PH of 7.4 to 7.8 like me you need to PH no matter what and if you use bottled nutrients which lower the PH you better PH or you will find yourself in the same situation I was in a few times. Be smarter than me and just PH every fucking time.

What makes things much more easy is to use dry fertilizer / amendments so you just have to feed water. I have a 5 gallon tote which I PH before every watering. PH bigger amounts of water is much more easy than just a half a gallon for example.

Back