Extraction Big problem!

Reaction score
Well not realy, but I've too much bud hanging around the house, jars of it, some in the loft the kitchen an in the shed.
If the "5o" call I'd be off line for quiet some time me thinks :naughtystep:
So I'm lookin to convert it into something a bit more storable an smaller!
I've been checking out all the many extraction methods but I'm getting lost in it all, so Whats a efficient hi yeilding way to get the goods off the flower that I can do at home without loosing my eyebrows:eyebrows:
That's not a big waste of bud?
Appreciate your input fams:thumbsup:

150 pounds I'd say.
I should of said that realy an that's an upper upper limit, got bills:frowny:

I was going to recommend a rosin press but don't think you have enough $$$ in the budget for a good one with the shop press and the kit for the controller and plates. You could probably get a hair iron and bench vice and do it the very basic low cost way. Rosin in solventless which is what you want I think. You might have to look at BHO. I personally don't like the ISO or Everclear extracts as they taste bad. I would have tried BHO but I'm adverse to doing work with flammables near my body.

One option could be the old tried and true hash. bubble bags and ice and make has out of your flower and trim. That will reduce how many jars you have.

Well not realy, but I've too much bud hanging around the house, jars of it, some in the loft the kitchen an in the shed.
If the "5o" call I'd be off line for quiet some time me thinks :naughtystep:
So I'm lookin to convert it into something a bit more storable an smaller!
I've been checking out all the many extraction methods but I'm getting lost in it all, so Whats a efficient hi yeilding way to get the goods off the flower that I can do at home without loosing my eyebrows:eyebrows:
That's not a big waste of bud?
Appreciate your input fams:thumbsup:

A very potent tincture (or FECO Full Extract Cannabis Oil, similar to Rick Simpson Oil) can be made by using 1 oz flower to fill a 1 fl oz tincture bottle.
It requires 190 proof alcohol, but not much else.
(1) Decarb 1 oz herb @ 240 F for 40 minutes. Ardent Lift/Nova works well for this, but only decarbs 1/2 oz flower at a time.
(2) Grind to fine powder for a medicinal tincture (break into pieces for a recreational tincture).
(3) Soak in 1 cup 190 proof everclear for minutes, hours, days, or weeks with frequent shaking (use freezer cold everything and fast rinses for a recreational tincture).
I soak for 2 days at room temp on a continuously running stirrer hot plate. Magical Butter Machine is also good for this.
(4) Let the sediment settle (about 30 min or so), then filter thru coffee filters. Graduated cylinders are excellent for doing this.
(5) Add 1/2 cup more alcohol to the remaining sludge, shake vigorously, let settle, and strain into the previously strained liquid.
(6) Repeat step (5) with 1/4 cup alcohol. This 3rd soak should pick up almost all the medicine.
(7) Reduce the alcohol volume to 30 mL (careful boiling with good ventilation, or evaporation), and put into a tincture bottle. Green Oil Machine alcohol distiller or a clone from walmart works well for this.
An oil tincture can be made by removing all the alcohol, and replacing it with 30 mL of any oil.

The strength for good 15% thc herb in a 1000 drop tincture bottle will be
Potency = (0.15)*(28,000 mg)/(1000 drop) = 4.2 mg/drop
A size 00 cap can hold about 30 drops of this, or about 120 mg thc.

I like to make both oil and alcohol tinctures, but prefer oil. Alcohol tincture probably stores better.
There is no need for any infusion into anything else, and either alcohol or oil tincture is well absorbed by the body.

A very potent tincture (or FECO Full Extract Cannabis Oil, similar to Rick Simpson Oil) can be made by using 1 oz flower to fill a 1 fl oz tincture bottle.
(1) Decarb 1 oz herb @ 240 F for 40 minutes. Ardent Lift/Nova works well for this, but only decarbs 1/2 oz flower at a time.
(2) Grind to fine powder for a medicinal tincture (break into pieces for a recreational tincture).
(3) Soak in 1 cup 190 proof everclear for minutes, hours, days, or weeks with frequent shaking (use freezer cold everything and fast rinses for a recreational tincture).
I soak for 2 days at room temp on a continuously running stirrer hot plate. Magical Butter Machine is also good for this.
(4) Let the sediment settle (about 30 min or so), then filter thru coffee filters. Graduated cylinders are excellent for doing this.
(5) Add 1/2 cup more alcohol to the remaining sludge, shake vigorously, let settle, and strain into the previously strained liquid.
(6) Repeat step (5) with 1/4 cup alcohol. This 3rd soak should pick up almost all the medicine.
(7) Reduce the alcohol volume to 30 mL (careful boiling with good ventilation, or evaporation), and put into a tincture bottle. Green Oil Machine alcohol distiller or a clone from walmart works well for this.
An oil tincture can be made by removing all the alcohol, and replacing it with 30 mL of any oil.

I like to make both oil and alcohol tinctures, but prefer oil. Alcohol tincture probably stores better.
There is no need for any infusion into anything else, and either alcohol or oil tincture is well absorbed by the body.

Everyone should try this out and see if they like it. Certainly can reduce the quantity of jars of flower in the closet. And everyone I gave it to liked it. I ended up going down the path of making bubble hash and other edibles and away from tinctures and just never got back to them.

I was going to recommend a rosin press but don't think you have enough $$$ in the budget for a good one with the shop press and the kit for the controller and plates. You could probably get a hair iron and bench vice and do it the very basic low cost way. Rosin in solventless which is what you want I think. You might have to look at BHO. I personally don't like the ISO or Everclear extracts as they taste bad. I would have tried BHO but I'm adverse to doing work with flammables near my body.

One option could be the old tried and true hash. bubble bags and ice and make has out of your flower and trim. That will reduce how many jars you have.
Yeah I looked into a DIY press but with my cheep an cheetful budget an the amount I have to press not sure it's worth it but the bubble bags though there lookin good!
Do you know are the returns any good?
So like if you get a hundred highs smoking a bud would you get maybe 50 highs off the pollen? Less probably?
If anyone knows:toke:

Thanks simplicico for your detailed answer,
I was reading all here on the extraction thread an I'll deff give it a go soon, never done a tincture or even an edible before, for the most part though I think I'm looking for something more traditional I haven't the time for long highs but I better try first though.:thumbsup:

Another cheap way would be to construct a shaker box, and it's said to be pretty productive if you get the hang of it. Never tried it myself.

Check out some of the techniques and gadgets that use dry ice. Some are as simple as a bubble bag and a bucket!

Where I live, I can't get dry ice in low enough quantities to make it affordable. If it was I would definitely be looking into it.

:crying: Maybe I can save everything up for Halloween, make my hash, and have a bunch of foggy paths and witches cauldrons to entertain the trick-or-treaters.

Another cheap way would be to construct a shaker box, and it's said to be pretty productive if you get the hang of it. Never tried it myself.

Check out some of the techniques and gadgets that use dry ice. Some are as simple as a bubble bag and a bucket!

Where I live, I can't get dry ice in low enough quantities to make it affordable. If it was I would definitely be looking into it.

:crying: Maybe I can save everything up for Halloween, make my hash, and have a bunch of foggy paths and witches cauldrons to entertain the trick-or-treaters.
Yeah man that'd give em a Halloween they'd never forget:crying:
Think that's the way to go alright been lookin at DIY pollen tumblers, this is one of them try it an see senarioes, seems though no one is using good bud for hash it's all shake an popcorn. so I'll bust out the tools take down the numbers an report back the returns.
Thanks vitaman

Back