Best strains for sub-tropical, humid, mountain grow

U put your altitude or climate into seed finder and see what you find?

Thanks, @Magic.
I haven't tried Seed Finder's system, so will give it a go.
I tried some other sites' systems, but they often have either temperate or Mediterranean,
but I'm not temperate here, and Mediterranean is usually warm but dry, and still isn't sub-tropical / tropical.

Checking it out............

Dp's pamir gold and Snowbud are also Higher altitude strains that say in the catalog are mold and mildew resistant. Again I cannot say from experience as they would finish too late for me to try.

I've noticed that Pamir Gold, but will also look at Snowbud.
I think that some Nepalese and similar strains may be good.
I'm not at that much altitude, but similar latitude.
There are some others around like Mountain Mist, too, from MSNL.
I've wondered how some Kush / Afghani / Chitral would go?
It's got the same altitude and similar latitude, but that's dry over there.
And years ago I had an Afghani clone (from Sensi stock, I think),
and it didn't impress me at all. Maybe it was just a not very strong pheno.

Still searching.............

I've noticed that Pamir Gold, but will also look at Snowbud.
I think that some Nepalese and similar strains may be good.
I'm not at that much altitude, but similar latitude.
There are some others around like Mountain Mist, too, from MSNL.
I've wondered how some Kush / Afghani / Chitral would go?
It's got the same altitude and similar latitude, but that's dry over there.
And years ago I had an Afghani clone (from Sensi stock, I think),
and it didn't impress me at all. Maybe it was just a not very strong pheno.

Still searching.............

I did 5 afghani kush ryder from WoS and I would highly not recommend for outdoor humid regions at all. My pack were mold magnets. You would think desfran would be a good choice with its open sativa stretchiness, and its South American heritage.

I did 5 afghani kush ryder from WoS and I would highly not recommend for outdoor humid regions at all. My pack were mold magnets. You would think desfran would be a good choice with its open sativa stretchiness, and its South American heritage.

Checking out Seed Finder ...... oh.my.god.
Too much information, people!!!!!

And in the end, that White Widow and AK47 have a lot of sativa genes already.
Compared to 15-20 years ago, there are just soooo many strains to choose from.

I like classic strains, though. Tried and tested.
And don't even know what's going to happen with this present batch.
It's not easy to grow here, not easy at all.

Wait for this one. If all is good, then some more seeds early next year.
Start in about April or so. Finish off in June when it's drier, before the heavy rains kick in by July.

Plans, plans, plans... what's a girl to do?

Thanks, @912GreenSkell

Hugs and kisses,
Maria

I have strong inclination to say thai strains,Acapulco gold also might be a keeper ,a lot of Asian landrace sativas grew in weather similar to that there ablilty to fight mold and good air circulation is part of the heirloom sativa heritage I would grow Nevilles haze or original haze plants that pump out flowers for days I never can grow anything like that in Oregon how lucky.

Hola Maria ! I live in Australia, further south than Hecno it is sub tropical. Basically every morning, all year around is 75-100% humidity, and then drops down in the afternoon, so I have had my share of mould problems LOL. Mould..it is what it is, it is part of nature and part of growing MJ in humid areas. The key is prevention. I have had very good results in using a 10-1 Water-Milk spray on the early forming buds. There is a thread about mould prevention etc, search for it here in AFN. Also if I cut some mould out of a plant , if it happens second time, I harvest. whats the sayng.."Better to cut and dry rather than wait and cry" LOL. Some plants even of the same strain may be more resistant than others just due to the fact they are healthier and so are more resistant to any pest and disease attack. I would give Buddha Magnums a try, good solid, stable auto's and quite robust in my exoerience. I also found some of the Shortstuff Seeds strains to be good.
:baked:

How about strains noted for growing/originating in tropical mountainous regions? For example, I presume any Thai strain, such as Wild Thailand Ryder/World of Seeds, or a Thai or Jamaican superauto would be suited for your conditions.

I grew a RoboCrop/Cream of the Crop, an autoflower version of a Thai haze plant, in my 2nd grow; and it gave me what is still my record yield per plant (5+ oz.) and was very potent and good - so perhaps consider that.

Hola Maria ! I live in Australia, further south than Hecno it is sub tropical. Basically every morning, all year around is 75-100% humidity, and then drops down in the afternoon, so I have had my share of mould problems LOL. Mould..it is what it is, it is part of nature and part of growing MJ in humid areas. The key is prevention. I have had very good results in using a 10-1 Water-Milk spray on the early forming buds. There is a thread about mould prevention etc, search for it here in AFN. Also if I cut some mould out of a plant , if it happens second time, I harvest. whats the sayng.."Better to cut and dry rather than wait and cry" LOL. Some plants even of the same strain may be more resistant than others just due to the fact they are healthier and so are more resistant to any pest and disease attack. I would give Buddha Magnums a try, good solid, stable auto's and quite robust in my exoerience. I also found some of the Shortstuff Seeds strains to be good.
:baked:

Ahhh you are one of the ones I would have tagged if my memory was sharper!! :D
OOH really...the magnums are resistant huh? "Better to cut and fly, than wait and cry" ;) nice man!

Maria - between seedfinder and leafly there is a ton of information. You and I are similar that we like classic strains. Next year I am doing the outdoor Grow "Season 3: Year of the Widows Blues" which will be several breeders from spain and Holland(dutch passion, bomb seeds, dinafem, sweet seeds, delicious seeds), and almost all of the strains either have white widow or blueberry in them.

This year I am running some classics too like Durban POison, Passion [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], Blueberry, Chronic X White widow

Thanks for everyone's input.
This is turning into a very useful thread.

If one of my NLs is a boy, may just pollinate.
Use the best of the ladies for the mom.
Then I'll have to research auto genetics......
Though I understand it's a recessive, so the F1s will all still be "reg".

So many options.....................

Thanks for everyone's input.
This is turning into a very useful thread.

If one of my NLs is a boy, may just pollinate.
Use the best of the ladies for the mom.
Then I'll have to research auto genetics......
Though I understand it's a recessive, so the F1s will all still be "reg".

So many options.....................
Not necessarily will you're plants be regs I crossed a photo to my rare pheno dedoverde haze auto to get my Oregon maple leaf haze and the f1 of that were autos I am no expert but it could be possible my f1 would auto because my original mom was 20%Rudy not sure but just speculation I do believe aunty mossy's purple gem was an f1 auto ,when the mazar crossed the lowryder I do believe her first Gen did auto if my mind serves me correctly lol

Back