New Grower Best soil & pot/s For 2x2

Smart Pots, Bag Pots, Root Trapper II Bag Pots or Standard Plastic Pots?

• Smart Pots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard Plastic Pots

• Root Trapper II Pots

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is a few pics from my current grow.

Attachments

• 1511991242691783718700.jpg
    1511991242691783718700.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 1511991287559346566587.jpg
    1511991287559346566587.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 273
  • 15119913137711763736050.jpg
    15119913137711763736050.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 1511991332771-1843609297.jpg
    1511991332771-1843609297.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 1511991351875251041552.jpg
    1511991351875251041552.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 225
You might want to look at a single one-pot autopot with and air dome. Or another pot that you can put and air dome in to. A big plant will fill up a 2x2 easily. Just one plant. And I bet even with your first grow you will fill up that tent no problem.

Autopot one-pots come in a package with rez and all tubes and fittings and 4 pots. But you can also buy just one of the pots and a tray and aquavalve along with fittings etc (from an aquarium store) and make your own rez from storage containers from walmart. And just put water in the rez instead of a nutrient feed.

One nice thing about autopots is after 3 weeks of hand watering you turn on the rez and you don't have to hand water any more. Just load up your rez with water and it will water itself. And as a newbie who might over or underwater your plants these pots take that risk out of play. And the air domes help grow bigger better plants too.

I started with some sort of smart/air fabric pots but switched over to autopots. Auto flowers, auto pots, auto cob lights. Auto everything for me.

But really I think just pick a pot and soil/medium that you are comfortable with and the price/cost is in your budget and don't worry about other than know how to use what you decided on. The more important parts will be your growing environment, seed genetics, watering and nutrients, lights, forced fresh air in and exhaust out, plant training, light distance, temperature. And these things will be things you probably learn the hard way on your first grow, but you'll learn things you'll never forget about and future grows will be X times better because of the dues you paid first.

:toke:-- I have no info about SoHum,... Kind soil was dicey for quality control when we tested it, and for some time after,.. many found the P sourcing weak by bloom,... some burning issues too, being a bit hot,... another choice is Mephisto's soil amendment mix, made by our GBD mate here! Same sort of set-up as KS,...

You might want to look at a single one-pot autopot with and air dome. Or another pot that you can put and air dome in to. A big plant will fill up a 2x2 easily. Just one plant. And I bet even with your first grow you will fill up that tent no problem.

Autopot one-pots come in a package with rez and all tubes and fittings and 4 pots. But you can also buy just one of the pots and a tray and aquavalve along with fittings etc (from an aquarium store) and make your own rez from storage containers from walmart. And just put water in the rez instead of a nutrient feed.

One nice thing about autopots is after 3 weeks of hand watering you turn on the rez and you don't have to hand water any more. Just load up your rez with water and it will water itself. And as a newbie who might over or underwater your plants these pots take that risk out of play. And the air domes help grow bigger better plants too.

I started with some sort of smart/air fabric pots but switched over to autopots. Auto flowers, auto pots, auto cob lights. Auto everything for me.

But really I think just pick a pot and soil/medium that you are comfortable with and the price/cost is in your budget and don't worry about other than know how to use what you decided on. The more important parts will be your growing environment, seed genetics, watering and nutrients, lights, forced fresh air in and exhaust out, plant training, light distance, temperature. And these things will be things you probably learn the hard way on your first grow, but you'll learn things you'll never forget about and future grows will be X times better because of the dues you paid first.

How much are these autobot "pots" you speak of and where does one acquire them? What are the prices of an individual auto setup? Thanks again,ordering my autocobs today but still on the wall about pots...pots pots......... POTS!!??!!??

Attachments

• menatwrk1.jpg
    menatwrk1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 85
Autopots are about 40.00 bucks for a single with no reservoir . I think that includes a 15L pot the base and the aqua valve. Look on ebay or pretty much any hydro store. Just Google them you will find lots of info.

I tried a few different pots and I think I am going to settle on 3 gallon Root Trapper II. Well made not too expensive and they seem to have worked better than any other pots. I am currently running some square plastic 2 gallon but am throughly disappointed with where the crop is now based on what I was able to achieve with the RTII. I used the current pots in order to better utilize my floor space, never again - I'll just grow fewer plants at a time. I couldn't figure out how to select my choice from your poll page, sorry.

Back