New Grower Best soil & pot/s For 2x2

Smart Pots, Bag Pots, Root Trapper II Bag Pots or Standard Plastic Pots?

• Smart Pots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standard Plastic Pots

• Root Trapper II Pots

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Soon to be some Bloody Skunk Auto(SweetSeeds)
Im a sUperNewb gettig prepped for my 1st AF Soil Led Tent Grow. I have decided i dont want to use nutes ,and want to get a soil that is enriched for entire grow cycle. Ive learrned a lil bit about SOHUM & KIND soils,im really leaning towards KIND soil but any insight is welcome. Ive also noticed these ...Smart Pots which i have no real idea about...then there is Root Trapper II bag pots,standard bag pots (ebay) and the traditional plastic wally world pots. I need high yield for my wifes meds and i know the smaller the pot the smaller the plant, but if in a 2x2 tent is a 5 gallon the way to go or is that too big? Anyhow,all and any knowledge is greatly appreciated . Happy Holidays AFN:snow3:

I've using the same smart pots for years. I just throw them in the washing machine with "free and clear" soap and an extra rinse. I like 5 gallon the best, followed by 3 gallon, then 2 gallon which I am going to add later for a test. I've seen some big auto's come from 2 gallon smart pots.

As KonopCh mentioned, any pot will grow pot -- including the poly plastic bag pots!

All fabric pots will be pretty similar but they work fantastic, I've grown auto's in 2gal smartpots before with great success. The roots love the extra aeration, whether its a fabric pot or airpot.

Now that I think about it... we have an auto short term amnesia in our test tent right now (airpot). Airpot vs smartpot: While the airpot is cool and will last forever, lay flat when stored, and are rigid/easy to clean -- I'm not sure they are worth the extra $$$ over the smartpots. My $.02

83145b98-2fd7-4094-b1a6-26776dc26199.jpg

Last edited:
Im a sUperNewb gettig prepped for my 1st AF Soil Led Tent Grow. I have decided i dont want to use nutes ,and want to get a soil that is enriched for entire grow cycle. Ive learrned a lil bit about SOHUM & KIND soils,im really leaning towards KIND soil but any insight is welcome. Ive also noticed these ...Smart Pots which i have no real idea about...then there is Root Trapper II bag pots,standard bag pots (ebay) and the traditional plastic wally world pots. I need high yield for my wifes meds and i know the smaller the pot the smaller the plant, but if in a 2x2 tent is a 5 gallon the way to go or is that too big? Anyhow,all and any knowledge is greatly appreciated . Happy Holidays AFN:snow3:

The question you need to ask is this....do you need to get a high yield from a single larger plant, or should you do a smaller pot auto SoG type of grow and potentially increase overall space yields and variety? I know in my setup(limited vertical) it took me decreasing pot size to increase overall yields. Though i do use bottled nutes not a supersoil like you want to. Make sure you do lots of research on kind soil!! I think @Waira knows lots about kind and can fill you in.

What Chong said!!! @Tommy boy

I want 7oz autos!

You are in the right place!! There is lots of guys here that exceed 16oz per auto and will show you the way!

Holy Shnikes!!! What soil and strain might you be using kind sir? @Tommy boy & Thanks a bunch @getpulse.co @KonopCh :bighug::d5:
I was using FFOF with good results this time I used some organic potting mix from lowes and it is working well. Next grow I'm going to use some pro mix hp and I'm going to do a grow journal so check it out going to start it in a week. As for strains I grew some NY diesel from DNA genetics harvested around 100g a plant. Than I grew 2 la frutta da venus from delicious seeds got 100+ grams from each. Than some white widow max from msnl got like 80 to 110 grams from each. Than some pineapple kush from msnl I did 2 and got 240g from that grow. My grow space is 30x30x84 and 2 plants fill it i have been using a scrog with great success. I'm not getting 200g a plant but I probably could . I like to grow at least 2 incase one has problems. Good luck on your first grow buddy.

Back