Thanks for the tip on the lights @Fairlynew & @912GreenSkell ... I hope to buy 2 or 3 lights totaling 600 actual watts to cover a 6'x2' space ... they're on my wish list ... any suggestions ...
:smokeout:
No problem bro but I would go with at least three being a 6 foot long area 4 would be wicked when you can afford it bro one every foot and a quarter wow the coverage would be awesome and your yields will be just DANDY

Nice lil read guys .. im veging some mothers under cfl atm ... waiting to get myself some auto ... than gonna do a auto vs cutting test .. should be good .. i have a small space of 1.3mtr x 1.0mtr ... what sort of light would be best .. iv always used hps but bit worried about heat issues ... im running 4 x 125watt cfl in there atm and temps are sitting at around 21.oc ... only passive extraction

Great thread really making me think about my led choice now mars or Chinese led mmm

My favorite 3 brands of led are Mars,Lighthouse Hydro Blackstars,and Kind Led

£150 might get you a second hand Grownorthern ms0004. I use an ms0004 and ms0006 (also HS1) in a DR120.

However they can be like rocking horse shit to find, but they're like buses, wait for one to come up on eBay for weeks then 3 pop up at once.

Or you can grab a Mars hydro LED off eBay.

£150 is low budget for LEDs imo. They're not the cheap option, and where LED is concerned you get what you pay for bro.
Hey bro. Just found a ms006 on ebay.
What would you say is a reasonable price for this unit as i have been unsuccessful trying to gain much info from the web. Also would you recommend a ms006 over a mars hydro 2 700w?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G9287 using Tapatalk

Hey bro. Just found a ms006 on ebay.
What would you say is a reasonable price for this unit as i have been unsuccessful trying to gain much info from the web. Also would you recommend a ms006 over a mars hydro 2 700w?

Many thanks

I would absolutely take an ms0006 over a mars, the Mars is a decent unit, but it's like comparing True Religion jeans to Levi's...

Budmaster are 'probably' even better but the prices are just fuking stupid.

I wouldn't pay over £160-170 bro.

Make sure it's the newer unit with the two green switches, which turn of two or four of the light clusters off/on not just the single switch unit.

These were being made in 2013 so even if it's been on all this time 24/7 you're still going to get 3+ years out of it.

Good luck bro

Edit: this is my opinion, based on four single plant grows all with GN lights.

Last edited:
I have a mars 2 400w in my 2x2 tent perfect coverage for that space
20160322_064942.jpg
20160328_065854.jpg

I would absolutely take an ms0006 over a mars, the Mars is a decent unit, but it's like comparing True Religion jeans to Levi's...

Budmaster are 'probably' even better but the prices are just fuking stupid.

I wouldn't pay over £160-170 bro.

Make sure it's the newer unit with the two green switches, which turn of two or four of the light clusters off/on not just the single switch unit.

These were being made in 2013 so even if it's been on all this time 24/7 you're still going to get 3+ years out of it.

Good luck bro

Edit: this is my opinion, based on four single plant grows all with GN lights.
Okay cheers pal. Ill see what i can do. But say i cant get my hands on the ms0006 then would you suggest the budmaster G.O.D 1 over the mars hydro 700? Not quite sure how to relate this back to your analogy of jeans eeek.

Back