Grow Room Basement grow room coming soon, help needed!

Reaction score
Hi there
I just got given a Gorilla 5x5 shorty and a Medicgrow Ez-8 1000w LED, I will be setting up a grow in my basement.
I've got workmen around at the moment and I was thinking of getting them to make holes in the walls for intake and exhaust ducting since that is the only option to get fresh air in and dirty air out of the room.
1 - I would like to go for the filter in the tent and fan outside the tent option, hooking the exhaust to the solid ducting that will go to the outside of the house.
2 - I was thinking of using another hole/ducting for an intake air supply.
The room is pretty airtight..... could anyone suggest me a good intake fan and exhaust ventilation setup for my spec please?
Any other valid suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
basement video clip

Last edited:
:d5:Do you have any screened windows in your basement ? That is what I use

Hi there
I just got given a Gorilla 5x5 shorty and a Medicgrow Ez-8 1000w LED, I will be setting up a grow in my basement.
I've got workmen around at the moment and I was thinking of getting them to make holes in the walls for intake and exhaust ducting since that is the only option to get fresh air in and dirty air out of the room.
1 - I would like to go for the filter in the tent and fan outside the tent option, hooking the exhaust to the solid ducting that will go to the outside of the house.
2 - I was thinking of using another hole/ducting for an intake air supply.
The room is pretty airtight..... could anyone suggest me a good intake fan and exhaust ventilation setup for my spec please?
Any other valid suggestions would be most welcome!
Thanks
What are future plans for the basement? Sticking with just the tent or might you expand? If staying with just the tent you might want to look into trying to use living space upstairs to draw intake from, as it will most likely already having some conditioning (heat or A/C) pipe it straight into intake hole opposite the exhaust and the exhaust fan suction can suck the fresh air in.

I also use an existing window. I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit exactly into the opened window space so that the sliding window closes on it and locks it in place. It is weather stripped so that this seals the plywood in the window opening. My extraction fan is mounted directly on the plywood. The plywood also has a duct adapter opening that I can attach my duct to if I want to exhaust outdoors, or I can remove the duct to let it exhaust into the lung room, the choice depending on RH management. If I exhaust indoors, I plug the duct opening to outdoors with a piece of foam mattress cut to seal inside the duct adapter in the plywood.

Works a treat and avoided having to cut holes for 6 inch ducting. Holes sometimes don't work out well. :biggrin:

What are future plans for the basement? Sticking with just the tent or might you expand? If staying with just the tent you might want to look into trying to use living space upstairs to draw intake from, as it will most likely already having some conditioning (heat or A/C) pipe it straight into intake hole opposite the exhaust and the exhaust fan suction can suck the fresh air in.
I the basement is small but i had the floors insulated then tiled, as for plans, i basically want to keep everything stealthy and underground, the basement will be sealed off and hidden by a trapdoor with ladder access and I want to keep it that way.
If you were to enter the place you wouldn't know there is a basement unless the trap door was open, very "Secret Squirrel"

:d5:Do you have any screened windows in your basement ? That is what I use
Basement is totally sealed off from the outside world, i have a couple of vent holes for basement air circulation but can make use of the builders that are here to do some more for the grow room in and out vents

I also use an existing window. I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit exactly into the opened window space so that the sliding window closes on it and locks it in place. It is weather stripped so that this seals the plywood in the window opening. My extraction fan is mounted directly on the plywood. The plywood also has a duct adapter opening that I can attach my duct to if I want to exhaust outdoors, or I can remove the duct to let it exhaust into the lung room, the choice depending on RH management. If I exhaust indoors, I plug the duct opening to outdoors with a piece of foam mattress cut to seal inside the duct adapter in the plywood.

Works a treat and avoided having to cut holes for 6 inch ducting. Holes sometimes don't work out well. :biggrin:
Sadly there are no existing windows, I had them filled in and had vent ducts x2 put in, I had cemented from inside to out to give some airflow down there.

Back