Indoor Bagseed? Advanced Nutrients

Love my pH-perfect Sensi coco nutrients. I haven't measured pH or ppm in years, just 2ml A & B per liter and no problems.
I think systems like that will work because they drain to waste. When i was using it top feed and the nutes didn't get recycled, the pH of my run off was fine.

When I moved to a system where the same water in the rez interacts with plant roots multiple times it no longer worked.

I have seen some other growers have success with it in recirc systems, but I personally could not recommend it in that scenario as the pH readings got higher and higher in a short amount of time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I used their pH perfect line in soil and always need to bump up the pH. With soil I like to be in the 6.3-6.6 range so if it's true that it's designed to be at 5.8 then I think that's probably true.

I would always double check it to be sure unless you truly have it down. I pretty much how much I have to adjust but rather not take a chance.

Planning for an elbow from 600 watts with unknown genetics is an unlikely mix. While I run bagseed sometimes, it's always a roll of the dice as to good/bad high/low yeild(ie. cookies strains, tendency for low yeilders) usually I'll run alongside known genetics to offset any small or unproductive girls.
And I would concur with the others ph perfect can work fine, but have seen plenty roll thru the infirmary with ph issues. For diagnosis, a good ph pen can't be beat.

I think systems like that will work because they drain to waste. When i was using it top feed and the nutes didn't get recycled, the pH of my run off was fine.

When I moved to a system where the same water in the rez interacts with plant roots multiple times it no longer worked.

I have seen some other growers have success with it in recirc systems, but I personally could not recommend it in that scenario as the pH readings got higher and higher in a short amount of time.

here ya go bro @Boradan showed me this chart might help you out from what i understand in a recirculating system the ph is suppose to rise
PH-EC_Chart1.jpg

here ya go bro @Boradan showed me this chart might help you out from what i understand in a recirculating system the ph is suppose to rise
PH-EC_Chart1.jpg
Thanks for the chart man, and I agree pH should rise normally, but the whole marketing behind pH perfect nutrients is that you don't have to monitor the pH. It should stay in range (5.8-6.2) for a week.

I'm back to calibrating a meter weekly and using pH down again which sucks, but at least I can be sure my nutes are in range.

I don't think pH-perfect works like that. The pH level doesn't matter with these nutrients, they STOP WORKING when you add pH- or pH+ to your water.

I don't think pH-perfect works like that. The pH level doesn't matter with these nutrients, they STOP WORKING when you add pH- or pH+ to your water.
I'm not sure if that's the case, but I would never trust my plants to a nutrient solution with pH of 7.

I'm done using that stuff altogether, and my plants looked noticeably better within 48 hours.

Actually I am sure that's incorrect.

This is straight off their website:
When you use any Advanced Nutrient’s base nutrient, the pH Perfect[emoji2400] Technology inside automatically stabilizes and locks in your pH within the optimal range (called the ‘sweet spot’) of pH 5.5–6.3 – and keeps it there for one week.

https://www.advancednutrients.com/products/base-nutrients/

This was absolutely not true in my case, and again for recirculating systems I recommend pretty much anything else.

It was always high 5s for me , no matter the strength, or whether it was SensiCoco grow or bloom. Thats with tap water that ph's around 8.

It was always high 5s for me , no matter the strength, or whether it was SensiCoco grow or bloom. Thats with tap water that ph's around 8.
Mine always mixed 5.8 (perfect), but didn't last 5 days (I think it maybe lasted 3), even though they claim it stays in range for a week.

Back